Spicy Jalapeno Deviled Eggs are a great party appetizer to wow your family and friends.
They are so good that you will catch yourself preparing these jalapeno flavored deviled eggs for your self.
At least that’s what happened to me.
What are deviled eggs?
Deviled Eggs are stuffed eggs served as a party appetizer as part of a selection of hors-d’oeuvres.
Egg are boiled hard, the yolk is removed and mixed with other ingredients such as mayonnaise and mustard.
Mustard is usually the main ingredient but for this spicy jalapeno deviled eggs recipe I have left out the mustard and added another deviled ingredient instead!
Deviled Eggs are super popular in the US and Europe.
In the German-speaking countries, we know them as Russian eggs.
Besides, deviled eggs in Europe really resemble Russian delicacies because you will find them being served with smoked salmon and caviar.
Deviled eggs have been around since Roman times.
Romans were big party animals and loved good food, so thanks to them we can enjoy a variety of deviled eggs!
Spicy Jalapeno Deviled Eggs Ingredients
My spicy jalapeno deviled eggs are without mustard because when I came up with this recipe I was out of mustard and I got creative.
So, instead of mustard, I add some acidity with a pang!
I add hot pepper sauce and this is the secret ingredient here.
Of course, you are free to switch the hot pepper sauce with plain white vinegar or rice vinegar.
BUT these are spicy jalapeno deviled eggs so you get to go crazy with some hot pepper sauce and you don’t want to miss that opportunity.
The number of jalapenos that you use is up to you.
I tend to go for 2-4, depending on the mood and the crowd.
I leave the seeds in because let’s face it, jalapenos are not that spicy and we will want something here to tickle our tongue.
How to make spicy jalapeno deviled eggs?
For the spicy jalapeno deviled eggs, simply watch the video to see how it’s done.
The major steps are simple, boil eggs, mash yolks, mix ingredients and fill the egg whites.
More in the video below!
Jalapeno deviled eggs dietary info:
More Party appetizers & hors-d’oeuvres ideas:
Dear Reader, what other party appetizers are you planning to prepare and serve with these jalapeno deviled eggs together?
Spicy Jalapeno Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Boil your eggs hard
- Peel eggs, cut into half and take out the egg yolk and place into a mixing bowl.
- Smash your egg yolks with a fork.
- Add the chopped jalapenos, mayonnaise, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce to the egg yolks and mix well.
- With a spoon or a piping bag, fill each egg white half with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves.
- You can substitute the hot pepper sauce with rice vinegar or regular white vinegar. Another idea is to use the same amount of sriracha sauce to add more spice.
- Recipe adapted from the Bedeviled Bite Kindle book.