Quick and healthy, the spicy avocado crostini will have you craving more!
Enjoy these crostinis this summer either alone or with good company.
The spicy avocado crostini bites are completely vegan, nut-free, gluten-free and lactose-free.
What are Crostini?
Crostini are small Italian toasted or grilled white bread slices with olive oil.
You can use a french baguette or another thinner white bread.
These are traditional Italian appetizers, which are usually topped with antipasti (cured meats, vegetables, olives etc).
Bruschetta is similar but bruschetti use larger bread slices and they are usually rubbed with fresh or roasted garlic.
If you are not a vegan and you want to add something to it, here is how:
- smoked salmon
- fish roe
- grated parmesan
Sprinkle some lemon juice over your cut open avocado halves. Right after you cut them. The fruit flesh reacts with oxygen and turns brown, acid keeps that from happening.
Prepare the avocado paste and store it in an airtight container in your fridge. Take it out when you need it and toast your bread slices just before serving time.
Skip the cayenne pepper or use milk paprika powder.
Place avocado with bananas together into a fruit bowl in room temperature. The banana skin has properties that help the avocados to ripen faster.
More Party Appetizers
Dear reader, what’s your favorite Avocado variety?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Subscribe & Get your freE
Spicy Avocado Crostini Appetizer
- Cut your avocado in half, discard the seed core and spoon all the fruit flesh into a mixer jar. Quickly add lime juice before the avocado turns brown.
- Add seasoning: Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper powder. As well as 3 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1 garlic pod.
- Blend so a smooth paste.
- Cut bread into thick slices and drizzle olive oil over your slices.
- Place under a griller until the bread is toasted golden brown.
- Spread spicy avocado paste over crunchy grilled bread slices and garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley or chives or basil or gardencress.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.