Perfectly cooked moist oven baked salmon fillet prepared and enhanced with healthy spices.
This dish isn't spicy hot but rather aromatic. Prepare your salmon fillet and enjoy a low carb quick and easy dinner meal.
Ingredients that you will need
- salmon fillet - fresh or frozen
- fresh garlic
- seasoning - thyme, cayenne or paprika, black pepper and salt
- olive oil
- lemon slices to garnish (optional)
How to bake this spiced salmon dish?
Here is an overview on how to prepare this dish from scratch within minutes.
The complete recipe with metric and US measurements is located at the bottom in the printable recipe card.
Combine the spices with the olive oil.
Place salmon fillets into a casserole baking dish. Make cuts into salmon.
Spread seasoning over salmon and rub it in.
Cover baking dish with foil tin and bake.
Garnish baked fish with lemon slices.
More Seasoning options
This recipe has a very simple seasoning. I did that because I want you to be able to make this dish. The more seasoning and I might spook some of you.
So for the adventurous, I'm sharing some more spice and herb seasoning options. Use one of these options but not together!
- ginger - a pinch freshly grated or powdered. Give it an Asian touch.
- tamarind paste - a tbsp for a tart and rich undertone.
- cumin and coriander seeds - ½ tsp each for an Indian flavor approach
- turmeric - ½ tsp, healthy and also very Indian. You can add it to the cumin and coriander.
- dijon mustard - a tbsp to pep up your salmon
- oregano and rosemary - for Mediterranean flavors.
I totally recommend to cut some lemon or lime slices to serve along the fish. Citrus flavors just take the dish to a whole new level!
We love salmon at home and so we tend to serve most of our baked salmon meals with cooked instant wheat berries.
Feel free to roast some root vegetables such as carrots, rutabaga, turnips, beets, and potatoes and serve them with your fish.
If you want a sauce with that, I recommend a hollandaise served along the fish.
What to do with cooked leftovers?
Store your cooked salmon leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge and use up within 3 days.
I don't recommend freezing leftovers, cooked fish shouldn't be frozen because it's not healthy and it's just not right.
I love turning the salmon fillet into chunks, which I then add to pasta, rice, and mixed into cooked veggies.
You can just warm up your whole salmon fillets and enjoy it the same way as I described in the serving options. Just don't over heated or else the fish will get dry and boring.
This recipe uses salmon filet. You can use fresh or frozen, and thawed, salmon filet. Try to use fish that comes from a sustainable and fair place and fish that is antibiotic and hormone free (you don't want that stuff in your body right?)
Bake your salmon filet covered at 350 Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius.
Salmon cooks really fast, the fish fillets will take about 10-12 minutes to cook through. Bake covered, to retain the moisture in the meat.
I use a rectangular casserole baking dish because that's the easiest way to cover the fish with tin foil. You can use a sheet pan laid out with parchment paper.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Baked Spiced Salmon Fillet Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F./ 180°C.
- Prepare the seasoning blend by combining crushed garlic, salt, black pepper, thyme, paprika or cayenne pepper and olive oil in a bowl.
- Place salmon fillet into a rectangular baking dish next to each other.
- Make light cuts into the top of your fish fillet. That way the seasoning will penetrate the meat better.
- Spread oily seasoning over the fish fillet and rub it in.
- Cover baking dish with tin foil.
- Bake salmon fillet for about 12-15 minutes at 350° F./ 180°C.
- Uncover baking dish over baking and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve hot.
- 13" Rectangular Baking Dish
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.