I have been in love with this fragrant rice recipe infused with clove.
Rice is one of those essential must-have staples all over the world.
It’s just so common, loved and enjoyed that there are even folks living on it every single day.
I grew up with lots of rice in our home.
Rice is usually used as a side preparation in most western recipes.
My mom would make an easy roast chicken with fresh thyme, garlic, and mushrooms for Sunday dinner and with that, she would always serve this fragrant rice recipe with clove.
How to prepare the fragrant rice side dish?
To prepare this aromatic clove scented rice you will need rice, clove spice, onion, salt and water.
Keep a pot with salt water and rice on the heat.
Peel and cut off the ends of an onion. Cut the onion into two and poke the whole clove spices into the onion halves.
Place the Onion with the cloves in it into the center of the rice so that it’s covered by rice.
Leave the rice to cook until done, then remove and discard the onion with the clove.
Dear Reader, did you grow up eating lot of rice in your childhood?
Fragrant Rice Recipe with Clove
- Wash your rice a few times under water until the water is clear. Place the rice with the recommended water into a pot and add a pinch of salt. Keep on a slow to medium flame.
- Grab an onion, cut off ends, peel and cut into half.
- Poke the Cloves into the Onion so that they can’t fall off during the cooking process. That way it’s easy to take out the onion with the cloves from the rice.
- Place both Onion ends with the Cloves into/on top of the cooking rice. Don’t mix the rice at this point. Just allow it to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fluffy cooked but not sticky overcooked. (although I like mine sticky)
- Take out the onion pieces with all the cloves and discard. Mix the rice properly and strain any excess rice water. Serve hot as a side with meat or veg meals.