Mini Pizza Bites make great party appetizers or snacks.
Make them and watch them get over in no time!
What are Pizza Bites?
Pizza Bites are two or one bite pizzas with a conventional topping.
Some takeaway, frozen food companies and popular restaurant chains have their own versions of pizza bites and some give them other names such as Pizetti.
I came up with these mini pizza bites appetizer when I needed something filling, which adults and kids would enjoy at a family gathering.
So, last Halloween I made these little bites and I came up with 3 different toppings to satisfy various dietary needs.
They can be prepared within 20 minutes with package pizza dough and take about 10 minutes to bake.
How to make these Pizza Bites?
I made my own easy pizza dough with yeast from scratch to make these mini pizzas.
You can use a store-bought ready-made pizza dough too, to save time.
Find the complete recipe with detailed ingredients and directions listed at the bottom of this post in the recipe card.
Roll out the pizza dough and cut out with a cookie cutter of your choice (I used a 3.5 inch broad round cutter).
Place cut individual pizza on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and keep some space between each pizza base.
Top the pizza base with a marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce.
Sprinkle some salt and pizza or Italian seasoning or dried oregano.
Pick a topping such as salami, tuna, and mushroom.
Sprinkle some cheese over your complete topping.
Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Mini pizza ingredient variations
Instead of using a conventional pizza dough made with yeast, you can try to use my instant pizza dough (without yeast).
The instant pizza dough is great if you want to make a dough from scratch but you are strapped on time.
You can also use a healthier quinoa pizza crust as a base.
For the marinara sauce, I like to use a spicy tomato sauce to pep up things.
You can pick another pizza topping too, such as pineapple and ham to make a mini Hawaii pizza or use your all-time favorite pizza topping.
Pick a cheese that melts well or so-called pizza cheese for extra cheesy bites (yumyumyum).
I bake mine in a preheated oven at 400 Fahrenheit/ 200 Celsius. Pizza dough needs to bake at high temperatures to get a perfect crust.
Bake them for about 8-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Adjust cooking time according to pizza size and oven heat (not all ovens are the same)
Serve them up to satisfy the food needs of a crowd such as a social gathering. People love them for Halloween, New Year, Game Day and at birthday and summer parties.
Yep, you can prepare your mini pizza on a pizza stone or on pizza pans on a grill too.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
Subscribe & Get your freE
Mini Pizza Bites
- 16 ounce Pizza Crust Dough
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- Italian Seasoning or Pizza Seasoning or Oregano
- Topping of your choice i.e Salami, Tuna, Mushroom
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- Roll out your pizza crust dough with some flour and cut out your mini pizzas with a round cookie cutter or a cutter of your choice.
- Place the mini pizza base on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. There should be some space between each pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit/ 200° Celsius.
- Spread some tomato marinara sauce over each unbaked pizza bite and season with a pinch of salt and some Italian seasoning or pizza seasoning or dry oregano.
- Top them with a topping of your choice. I chose to make some with cut salami, tuna, and mushrooms. You can use pepperoni too or ham.
- Spread some grated cheese over each pizza.
- Bake pizza bites at 400° Fahrenheit/ 200° Celsius or until golden brown and baked.
- Let them cool after baking and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- The quanity of pizza bites depends on the size of each mini pizza. My cookie cutter to cut them out was about 3.5 inches large.
- Pick your favorite topping. You can use pepperoni too or turn your bites into mini hawaii pizza bites.
- Choose a cheese that melts well.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.