I always rely on my easy pizza dough recipe, which I make from scratch in a jiffy! A Recipe for classic soft Pizza dough for thin crust pizza is a basic DIY. I use it regularly to make my own Pizza.
Learn how to make pizza dough easily with the step by step instructions further below + video!
It’s the flavors, the simplicity and the fact that you can top it with whatever you like. You can use leftover ingredients from the fridge and you can make pizza when you don’t know what else to make for dinner.
Pizza night happens at least once a week in my home. I usually prepare the dough quickly in less then 10 minutes and then I just let it rest for about 30 minutes or more.
Then, only rolling out, topping the pizza base and baking the pizza is left and that’s the fun part anyway!
The easy pizza dough recipe originated from my time at hotel management collage. It’s one of the many dough recipes, which we had to know by heart!
In Europe thin crust pizzas a popular and common. In the Mediterranean area, pizzas tend to be round. In the German speaking countries, square pizzas are way more common because of the baking pan size and shape.
Whichever shape you choose to pick for your easy pizza dough recipe is up to you.
A pizza in Italy is never perfectly round. In fact, the pizza will have bumps and will be uneven. That’s the beauty of a real original Italian pizza!
I prefer to take the 10 minutes to just make my own dough because the pizza crust is a vital part, which will decide how good your pizza will turn out. Basically, you know what’s in it and the pizza always turns out amazing!
Other MasalaHerb.com Videos
Follow the quick video for how to make pizza dough from scratch:
Top the Pizza however you want. See some suggestions below the DIY Recipe.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe from Scratch – Classic soft Pizza Crust below:
- 200 grams All purpose Flour or 1¼ Cup
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Active Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 50 milliliter luke warm Water or ¼ Cup
- In a mixing bowl add the flour salt and yeast. Mix the dry ingredients well. Then make a well into the center and add olive oil and water.
- With your clean hands, mix the content and slowly shape it into a dough. Continue to form for a few more minutes so that it turns into a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over the dough and place a cloth over it. Let it rest for minimum 30 minutes or more near a warm place. Tip: Preheat your oven for a minute, then shut off and place dough into it. Keep the light on in the oven. The slight warmth will activate the yeast with the light and help the dough to rise easier and faster.
- After wards sprinkle some flour over your working area and work out your dough again for a little while. Roll out the dough into a round or square shape (depends on your baking pan size) and top with your favorite pizza topping. Bake at 220 Celsius for about 13 minutes.
More Pizza topping ideas:
- Spicy Vegetarian Mushroom Pizza
- Spicy Tomato Sauce for Pizza
- Hawaiian Pizza with Pineapple
- Choriz Goan Sausage Pizza
- Mushroom Pizza
Serve Pizza with:
- Caprese Salad
- Greek Salad
- Quail Egg Salad
- Iceberg Salad with Thousand Island Dressing
- Surimi Salad with Curry Mayo Dressing
- Couscous Paneer Salad with Lemon Dressing
Dear Reader, how often do you have pizza night?
Get FREE Recipes via Email:
Don’t miss a recipe, Subscribe to the Masala Herb Newsletter!
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Curried Chicken Salad - November 7, 2018
- How to make Mashed Potato - November 5, 2018
- Easy Ginger Coconut Detox Lentil Soup Recipe [Vegan] - November 2, 2018