I always rely on my easy pizza dough recipe, which I make from scratch in a jiffy!
A Recipe for classic soft Pizza dough for thin crust pizza is a basic DIY.
I use it regularly to make my own Pizza.
Learn how to make pizza dough easily with the step by step instructions further below + video!
I am a complete Pizza fanatic.
Most probably I can confidently confess here that I am in love with the concept called Pizza.
It’s the flavors, the simplicity and the fact that you can top it with whatever you like.
You can use leftover ingredients from the fridge and you can make pizza when you don’t know what else to make for dinner.
Pizza night happens at least once a week in my home.
I usually prepare the dough quickly in less than 10 minutes and then I just let it rest for about 30 minutes or more.
Then, only rolling out, topping the pizza base and baking the pizza is left and that’s the fun part anyway!
The easy pizza dough recipe originated from my time at hotel management college.
It’s one of the many dough recipes, which we had to know by heart!
In Europe thin crust pizzas a popular and common.
In the Mediterranean area, pizzas tend to be round.
In the German-speaking countries, square pizzas are way more common because of the baking pan size and shape.
Whichever shape you choose to pick for your easy pizza dough recipe is up to you.
A pizza in Italy is never perfectly round.
In fact, the pizza will have bumps and will be uneven.
That’s the beauty of a real original Italian pizza!
I prefer to take the 10 minutes to just make my own dough because the pizza crust is a vital part, which will decide how good your pizza will turn out.
Basically, you know what’s in it and the pizza always turns out amazing!
How to make pizza dough from scratch:
Top the Pizza however you want. See some suggestions below the DIY Recipe.
Dear Reader, how often do you have pizza night?
How to make homemade Pizza Dough
- In a mixing bowl add the flour salt and yeast. Mix the dry ingredients well. Then make a well into the center and add olive oil and water.
- With your clean hands, mix the content and slowly shape it into a dough. Continue to form for a few more minutes so that it turns into a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over the dough and place a cloth over it. Let it rest for minimum 30 minutes or more near a warm place. The longer you can leave it to rest, the better. The dough needs to rise, the yeast in the dough eats the sugars and that creates the airiness in your dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over your working area and work out your dough again for a little while.
- Roll out the dough into a round or square shape (depends on your baking pan size) and top with your favorite pizza topping. Bake at 430° Fahrenheit/ 220° Celsius for about 13 minutes.