Wholesome Ginger Coconut Detox Lentil Soup to revive your taste senses and to promote inner well being.
The soup is prepared with split red masoor lentils and other fresh ingredients.
You can make this quick and easy vegan soup and enjoy it the same night or add it to your meal prep plan for the week!
This ginger coconut detox lentil soup came together while I was just throwing ingredients into my pot.
Yet the soup itself is inspired by some of my other red lentil recipes including:
What is this Detox Lentil Soup all about?
The idea of my detox lentil soup is to prepare a soup which is not only having tons of health benefits but which is also high in nutritious values.
The Red Lentil soup, with all the gorgeous ingredients such as ginger and garlic, acts as a detoxifier and cleansing soup.
That way you can enjoy what some would call a wholesome fresh meal.
I think the importance here is that the soup is first of all tasty but also well balanced, not only in flavors but in ingredient nutrients.
Lentil Detox Soup Benefits
The lentils are filling and rich in Proteins, the ginger root is a healing ingredient rich in anti-inflammatory properties to support your digestion, the coconut milk is high in healthy fats and will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
All the ingredients together result in a well-balanced flavor-rich meal, which on top of that, is prepared from scratch and in one-pot and within 25 mins.
The Coconut Ginger Detox Lentil Soup is:
- A detoxifying healing soup which will kill your cold – Due to the addition of fresh stimulating ginger, garlic, strengthening broth, fresh antioxidant-rich lime juice and a Thai curry paste made with healthy spices. Use red Thai curry paste or yellow Thai curry paste.
- Hearty and Filling – Thanks to the lentils
- great for winter – It will brighten up your mood, especially after a long draining day. the red lentil soup will give you back your Mojo.
I believe this soup will be as helpful to you as it has been to my health.
Coconut Ginger Detox Soup with lentils dietary plus points & usefulness perks:
- Meal-Prep friendly
- Quick & Easy
More Detox Soup Recipes:
- Soup Cleanse Cookbook
- Homemade Clear Soup
- Get Well Soup by champagne-tastes.com
- Cabbage Soup with Ground Beef by wholesomeyum.com
Dear Reader, do you prepare your soup for yourself or your whole family?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Easy Ginger Coconut Detox Lentil Soup Recipe
How to Video
- 1 Tablespoon Oil *see Notes
- 3 Green Onion Bulbs sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger finely chopped fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Thai Curry Paste buy Thai Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Red Lentils dried split Masoor dal
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Cups Water mixed with concentrated Stock
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Lime Juice
- Cilantro Freshly chopped Coriander
- Green Spring Onion Stalks Freshly chopped
- Heat up a soup pot with cooking oil.
- Add in your sliced green onion bulbs, chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry the content for a minute or two on higher heat until the ingredients soften.
- Add the Thai curry paste, as well as the chili flakes and stir-fry for another 2 minutes on a higher flame.
- Next, add the red lentils. I soak mine first for about 20 minutes before I start cooking so that the lentils cook faster.
- Pour in the coconut Milk as well as the veg broth and mix the whole contents well.
- Allow the soup to cook for about 15 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through.
- Season with salt to taste and pour in the lime juice. Mix well.
- Serve the detox lentil soup hot with freshly chopped cilantro and the cut green spring onion stalks.
- For the oil use a wholesome virgin oil variety such as coconut cooking oil or olive oil
- For the broth use homemade veg broth if possible or gluten-free packet broth.
- The Curry Paste can be a Thai yellow or red curry paste. You can substitute this with 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder + 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper + 1/4 Teaspoon red Chili powder, however, the taste won’t be all the same. I recommend buying those small Thai curry paste sachets because they are cheap, are versatile and add so much flavor to various meals.
- You can choose to add one tablespoon or two of the Thai curry paste to the soup. It depends how intensive you want the soup to taste.