Lemony garlic butter shrimp prepared over the stovetop in one pan within minutes.
This is a quick and easy sautéed dinner meal.
This shrimp recipe is suitable for a low carb, keto, gluten-free and low calorie diet.
- butter - unsalted or salted. If you use the latter skip adding too much salt
- garlic - fresh
- shrimp - also called prawns in some places. The fresher the bettter. Don't pick large or jumbo-sized shrimps. Smaller to medium-sized shrimps are better in this recipe and they are more flavorful.
- salt and black pepper
- fresh lemon juice
- parsley (optional)
If you want to add more seasonings and flavors, add a teaspoon or two of cajun seasoning, thyme or fresh dill or terragon.
If you want a hot version, check out my spicy cilantro lime shrimp.
How to make it?
Here is an overview on how to prepare this dish from scratch. This is just to give you an idea.
The recipe with US and metric measurements + detailed steps is located further below in the recipe card.
Keep chopped garlic and shrimp ready.
Sauté garlic in butter.
Stir in shrimp, season.
Cook shrimp on all sides.
Take from the heat and mix in lemon juice
Garnish with fresh parsley.
A simple side dish salad is also great with these butter garlic shrimp. I like to serve a green salad, tomato salad, or a quick corn and bean salad with them.
Another option is to add roasted and sauteed vegetables with the shrimps such as mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, potatoes and zucchini.
The cooked shrimps can be also used in tacos too or over a pasta dish.
Store leftover shrimps for up to one day in the fridge in an airtight container.
Reheat in a skillet with some oil or butter.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- Chop garlic. Keep shrimps ready, cleaned and deveined without tails.
- Heat up a skillet and melt butter.
- Stir in choped garlic and saute for a minute or two over a medium heat setting.
- Add shrimp and spread them out in the pan. Keep over a medium heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix and stir shrimp. Overturn them so that they get cooked on both sides.
- Keep on cooking over a medium flame and saute shrimp so that they are cooked on all sides through.
- When cooked trough take from the heat and mix in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley over that if you like and serve up hot.