A simple quick corn and bean salad. It's my go-to last-minute salad for a BBQ or tailgating party.
It only takes 5 minutes to mix this together!
I came up with this salad when I needed a last minute quick salad for a gathering.
It's based on my Mexican black bean corn salad but I simplified it and this corn and bean salad can be prepared with a few pantry ingredients.
- beans - canned or cooked and soft. I use kidney or black beans
- corn - canned or cooked and soft. Sweet corn is preferred.
- cumin - optional but adds a lot of flavors
- salt and black pepper
- oil - I use olive oil but canola, vegetable oil or similar is fine too.
- vinegar - regular white vinegar or your preferred vinegar. I use white wine or apple cider vinegar. Can be substituted with lemon or lime juice too.
🔪 How to make it?
Here is a quick overview on how to make it. The full recipe is below with measurements.
Place corn and beans into a mixing bowl.
Add seasoning, oil ad vinegar.
I love to drizzle some pumpkin seed oil over the salad. Just a few drops make it more delicious and nutritious!
You can also garnish your salad with some chopped fresh greens. Such as chives, parsley, or cilantro.
The bean and corn salad is great as a cooled summer side dish with grilled meats, sausages at a BBQ party OR bring it to a tailgating party.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Keep it cooled always before serving it up, it tastes better cold.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
5 mins Corn and Bean Salad Recipe
- Place the corn and beans into a mixing bowl.
- Season with cumin, black pepper, and salt.
- Pour in oil and vinegar.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Store in a cold place before serving time. If you are in a hurry just serve up immediately.
- 1 small can corn = 8.74 oz or 240 grams
- 1 can kidney or black beans = 15 oz or 425 grams