In the Indian cities you will always come across a street vendor preparing vigorously Veg chow mein in a massive Wok. The food tempts people from near and far and the aroma will wrap around your delicate senses too, making it impossible for you to ignore the ongoing goodness and noodle action.
I obviously enjoy chow mein noodle dishes. It’s my go to dish when I need a quick dinner. It’s my save bet in most restaurants when I don’t know what to order. It’s the food solution when I am expecting friends and it’s a satisfying, freshly cooked meal.
I absolutely understand people’s obsession with a simple plate full of steaming fried noodles. That is why we need various chow mein dishes and not just Veg chow mein. Chicken chow mein is the next best thing for many of us, it’s quick, flavorful and satisfying.
The recipe is simple just follow the steps as described and leave us a feedback please.
Chicken Chow Mein recipe below:
Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
Stir Fry Sauce
- In a bowl add the ingredients for the stir fry sauce; the soy sauce, the vinegar, chili sauce and sugar. Mix all well and keep aside.
- Grab a pot and fill it with water to cook the noodles. Let it boil and then add all the noodles. Get a timer and time it at 2½ minutes (or prepare according to packet instructions). We need to cook the noodles half way or they will get mushy while stir frying.
- Heat up your shallow pan or wok with the oil and stir fry your ginger garlic first, then add the carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the ingredients start to get soft. Then add the Chicken strips and stir fry until barely cooked as well.
- Pour the stir fry sauce over the noodles in the wok. Stir fry and mix the whole content for 3 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked and well incorporated. The content should not stick to the wok.
- garnish with sliced green onion stalks.
- Use fresh gigner and garlic finely chopped (raton 1:2) or use ginger and garlic in paste form.