Creamy chicken alfredo fettuccine inspired by olive garden.
This is the ultimate comfort dinner meal and YOU can prepare it now from scratch at home with this easy skillet recipe.
- fettuccine pasta
- boneless chicken breast
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning - if you don't have that at home, use oregano.
- olive oil
- garlic - freshly chopped
- all-purpose flour
- heavy cream or half and half - It turns out creamier with heavy cream but you can use half and half too
- broth - vegetable or chicken broth
- parmesan - grated. Use Italian Parmigiano Reggiano for the best gourmet version of this dish.
- parsley - to garnish, fresh or dried
How to make it?
Here is an overview of how to make this homemade meal. The complete recipe with US and metric measurements is further below in the recipe card.
Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
Chop garlic, keep aside.
Cut chicken horizontally into 2 halves, season with salt and black pepper.
Cook chicken through, take out and keep aside.
In the same pan prepare the alfredo sauce.
Coat cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce in the pan.
Slice cooked chicken and place over pasta.
This is a heavier comfort dinner meal so I recommend serving it with lightly cooked veggies and/or a light side dish salad.
I love my simple green lettuce salad with vinaigrette salad to balance the flavors of the chicken alfredo pasta.
Also, the french carrot salad, the beet salad, the cucumber salad, or the tomato basil salad are great with this alfredo fettucini recipe.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container, pasta with the sauce and chicken, in your fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Reheat in the oven or a microwave.
Yes! To save time, you can use rotisserie chicken. In that case, skip the step with the chicken in the recipe. Serve up the fettuccine with sauce and rotisserie chicken.
Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine Recipe
- 6 balls Fettuccine
Pasta, prep ingredients and chicken
- Cook fettuccine as per package instructions in boiling salt water until done. Keep aside.
- Chop garlic small and keep aside.
- Slice chicken breast horizontally into half. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil. Keep over a medium heat setting and wait for it to get hot enough, then place chicken in.
- Cook chicken on both sides, control the heat settting.
- Take out chicken and keep aside to cool.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and melt. Keep over a lower to medium heat setting.
- Stir in garlic and saute but don't brown them.
- Reduce the heat a bit and add the flour. Quickly stir cook so that it is all well combined.
- Continue to switly add the cream to the pan and mix it all in.
- Season with salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Pour in broth and combine. Increase heat setting to medium.
- Add in parmesan. Mix it up and watch it all turn into a creamy velvety sauce. Turn off heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and coat it all well with the alfredo sauce.
- Cut chicken into slices and place over the alfredo fettuccine.
- Serve up and enjoy.
- You can use heavy cream or half and half. It turns out creamier with thicker cream (more fats -> heavy cream).
- you can use oregano instead of Italian seasoning too.
- garnish with fresh parsley if you like.