Chicken Tikka Masala is a classic, lightly spiced, tomato based curry. If you enjoy dipping your warm nan bread in a butter chicken curry, you will definitely favor this chicken based masala recipe as well. Learn how to make Chicken Tikka Masala in the recipe below.
Sometimes after a long day at work, you just want to have a wholesome comforting dish to feed your hunger. You want a dish that makes you happy, food which takes you over and which numbs your mind. When this happens your smell and especially your taste senses go berserk.
After the first few bites a perception of security takes over and you actually happen to be in the now again, which is the perfect state of mind for any of us and something so hard to achieve for most us humble humans.
Good food has a magnetic effect on us, don’t you agree? In fact, I believe the more flavor food has the more you get to experience a mind boggling, multi dimensional way of appreciating the different layers of ingredients. Food enriched with spices, for example, can trigger this effect after a few bites of a dish.
Imagine taking a bite of this chicken tikka masala. The first bite gives you the warm comfort of blended ingredient’s mixed to a “new” unique flavor. Then you try more spoonfuls of chicken tikka masala, and at that point you strive to split and guess the ingredients with each following bite.
Of course this is often-while a subconscious exercise. Eating food is keeping us so busy that we forget the world around us, including ourselves, and we literally end up with an empty mind in that moment, which in turn fills us with happiness.
Whenever hunger takes over, have you ever noticed the way your mind functions for the first few bites? The first bite releases the tension, you start to relax and you enjoy the following moment, the so called now.
This Chicken Tikka Masala triggers all these feelings and it is one of my favorite foods. If I am hungry it turns into an obsession. Luckily you can recreate the chicken recipe easily in less then 30 minutes. Fresh ingredients and wholesome spices in this dish will make it soon a favorite in your house too.
More Tomato based Curry recipes:
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe below:
- 250 grams boneless Chicken breasts
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 30 grams Yogurt (Curd)
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee (clarified Butter) or Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 5 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3½ Tablespoons Cream
- Salt to taste
- Cut your clean boneless chicken breast into bite size chicken cubes and place into a mixing bowl. Now we will add all the marination ingredients to the chicken in the mixing bowl. Add in the Turmeric, Garam Masala, Coriander Seed Powder, Cumin Seed Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Black Pepper Powder and Yogurt/Curd.
- The longer you keep it marinate the better for the flavor, however if you are in a hurry just marinate it as long as you can spare time and then continue with the preparation.
- Chop your onion roughly and cut the clean tomato into small cubes. Stir fry the onion first with the ghee in the pan. Then add the tomato and stir fry until soft.
- Add in the chilli powder and tomato paste at once and stir fry quickly. Continue to add in the cream and mix well and let cook for 1 minute.
- Then add in the chicken with the marination, mix and let cook on a medium flame. Add salt to taste and cook for 10-15 minutes on a small to medium heat, so that it simmers and until the chicken is cooked and juicy but not chewy.
- Serve hot with nan bread or rice.
What are your thoughts on spiced food?
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Basic Goan Curry Paste | How to make Goan Curry Paste | Indian Paste Recipe for Goan Fish Curry - February 23, 2017
- Masala Herb Recipe Videos – Youtube Channel - February 23, 2017
- Golden Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Corn Flakes Coconut and Chili Flakes - February 20, 2017