Fruity Tropical Smoothie Recipe to give you the energy to tackle the day.
The smoothie flavors will transport you to a Caribbean white sand beach with palm trees and crystal clear light blue water.
I discovered this smoothie on a recent trip to Palolem Beach, Goa.
The tropical fruit smoothie made such an impression, visually and tastewise, that I had to share it with you guys.
I kept on ordering the smoothie until the smoothie bar folks gave me a recipe I could work with.
At home, I made some experiments until I got it right and oh boy, I'm so glad because this is by far my most favorite smoothie recipe now!
This is a vegan smoothie, prepared without yogurt and any other dairies.
The tropical smoothie recipe contains only fresh fruits but you can use frozen fruits too.
You will need:
- Mango - any variety will do
- Pineapple - canned pineapple are great too
- Passion Fruit - yellow or purple (aka Maracuja)
I usually make only one or two smoothies so I prep the fruits on Sundays and store them in the fridge or freezer.
If you use frozen fruits, you won't need to add crushed ice to make your smoothie thick.
Look up the quantities of the ingredients and the exact steps in the recipe card further below.
How to make it?
Making this smoothie is totally easy and something that you can easily add to your morning routine on a daily basis.
Prep your fruits by removing skin if any and cutting the fruit pulp into chunks.
Passion Fruit needs to be spooned out and you can leave in the seeds, they are not bitter and add a nice crunch to your smoothie.
Place all your smoothie ingredients into a blender jar and blend to a smooth thick consistency.
Pour into a glass and enjoy it.
Use a quality blender, it makes all the difference.
Yes, your smoothie will keep overnight! You can prepare your smoothie a day earlier in the evening, store in your fridge and enjoy it in the morning. The only downside is that the smoothie will change color.
Theoretically yes, you can add more fruits. Just know that some fruits are more suitable than others, so pick wisely from the list of tropical fruits.
More Recipes like that
- Passion Fruit Juice
- Mango Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Pomelo Fruit Smoothie
- Acai Pineapple Smoothie by sidewalkshoes.com
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Peel your banana and place into a blender jar.
- Peel and cut pineapple. You need a thick slice that you can cut into roughly sized chunks. Add to the jar.
- Peel the mango and cut into fat chunks or use and add pulp to a blender jar.
- Cut passion fruit into two pieces and spoon out the pulp with the seeds. Add to the jar.
- Add crushed ice if you are using fresh fruits. Skip ice if you are using frozen fruits.
- Blend fruits smooth with a blender.
- Serve cold in a glass.
- You can add crushed ice if you are using fresh fruits. If you use frozen fruits, you won't need to add ice because the smoothie will thicken anyway.
- You can use fruit pulps too or canned fruits but fresh fruits are always preferred.