Spicy Thai Noodle Soup Recipe with red curry paste is stuffed with whole ingredients.
This soup brightens up, is filling, it's a one-pot wonder and full of gorgeous flavors.
This spicy soup is for you if you enjoy spicy flavorful coconut soups such as the Thai Tom Kha Gai soup or if you are into deep complex Asian food flavors.
This Thai noodle soup is not a traditional dish but rather a Thai influenced soup which includes typical Thai flavors.
Basically, the soup flavor profile resembles Thai curries prepared with Thai red curry paste.
Spicy Thai Noodle Soup Ingredients
This Spicy Thai noodle soup comes together really fast and includes fresh raw ingredients.
Besides you can adjust the ingredients you add when it's time to enjoy the soup.
Vegetarian or with meat/seafood
The soup is Meatless, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Lactose-free and can be turned Vegan if you use non-egg noodles and vegan fish sauce.
You can also prepare this spicy Thai noodle soup with chicken or shrimps/prawns too.
In that case, add the cut meat /seafood to the pot after having stir-fried the red curry paste and cook it then through.
Stir Fry Pastes
The Thai red curry paste is a major ingredient in this soup, as well as ginger and garlic finely chopped or in paste form.
Liquids and Seasoning
Use Asian chow/low mein noodles in this soup, not Italian spaghetti, because they taste differently.
I prefer the soup with egg noodles but you are free to try this soup with rice noodles too.
Fresh spring onions and cabbage are added fresh and raw to the bowl with the soup and noodles.
You can also add sprouted mung beans, avocado or some chopped banana flowers if you feel adventurous.
For the garnish, you can choose to add a combination of red chili flakes, cut green chilis, cilantro, crushed peanuts, cut green spring onion stalks and a drizzle of Lime Juice.
All these ingredients turn the Thai noodle soup spicy with a touch of sweet, salty and sour.
How to make this Thai Noodle Soup?
The Thai Noodle Soup is a quick and easy One-Pot soup.
That is because the base of the soup cooks quickly with the red curry paste and noodles.
The Veggies are added raw into a soup bowl, which saves cooking time.
That way you can add as much cut spring onion and cabbage as you like and because the fresh ingredients are raw, you are bound to have a nutrient-rich soup for dinner.
Heat up the oil in a large deep pan or wok and stir cook the ginger and garlic with the red curry paste for a minute.
Pour the coconut milk and broth into the pan and mix.
Season your cooking soup with fish sauce and brown sugar and combine.
Bring to a boil and place the uncooked noodles into the soup.
Cook your noodles soft as per packet instructions.
Keep your choice of fresh ingredients chopped ready.
Place fresh ingredients with noodles into your bowl and top with soup and garnish.
More Thai Recipe Ideas:
- Thai mixed vegetable soup
- Easy Chicken Pad Thai
- Thai pineapple fried rice
- Tom Yum Fish Soup by hot-thai-kitchen.com
Dear Reader, how often do you prepare Asian inspired meal at home?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
Spicy Thai Noodle Soup Recipe
For the Thai Noodle Soup:
- Cabbage chopped
- Green Onions Spring Onions, sliced
- Heat up a pan and add the oil. Add in the ginger and garlic and stir-fry a little bit on a higher flame.
- Next, add the red curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce heat, then pour in the coconut milk and follow suit with the broth.
- Season with fish sauce and the brown sugar. Mix the contents.
- Add the Noodles to the soup. Cook the noodles soft on medium heat.
- Keep your serving bowl ready and add as much cabbage and white sliced spring onion bulb as you like. *see Note
- Then add the cooked noodles over the raw veggies and pour the soup over everything.
- Garnish with the lime juice, red chili flakes, fresh green chilis, crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy hot.
- You can also add fresh avocado cut, sprouted lentils or even banana blossoms cut to the soup with the cabbage and spring onion.
- Adjust the garnish to your liking, If you don't like heat, reduce or omit the chili flakes and green chili.
- To make this dish vegan use a vegan fish sauce or omit fish sauce. Also use eggless noodles.