Great emotional push ups and helpers are our dear ones. The time of the year to show them how much we care for them is for Christmas, when we all sit together around a table of beautiful food and share the joy in life. We celebrated just that yesterday for Christmas with family and friends. My husbands family prepared a huge amount of scrumptious food with different dishes to melt ones heart. The flavors of each dish were phenomenal and cooked with love.
- 500 grams All Purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- pinch salt
- pinch Baking Powder
- little warm Water
- ½ kg Chickpeas (Chana Daal) - rinsed, dried, ground to powder
- ¼ kg Powdered Sugar
- For the dough mix all dry ingredients together and add little water if necessary. Work out the dough until smooth.
- Form it into a ball and roll out 2 mm thick with little flour. With a cookie cutter, cut out circles in a diameter of ~13 cm. Keep aside.
- For the filling dry fry the powdered chickpeas light brown, cool, add the sugar and mix well.
- To fill the Neureos add little of the chickpea mix on one of the circles and close it by adding with your finger little water on the border and pressing the 2 borders together. It has to stick together well or it might open while deep frying.
- Directly deep fry the neureos until golden. Store in a airtight container.
Enjoy your vacations!