Crispy baked tofu cubes prepared on one sheet pan with your choice of vegetables.
Makes an easy to prepare complete low carb and vegan dinner meal for two.
You can also make this dish a tad healthier by using gluten free soy sauce and/ or low sodium ingredients.
This plant-based dish is great for weight loss too!
How to make tofu taste good?
The secret to making tofu taste good is to infuse your soy cubes with a wet marinade.
Pick quality fresh and drained tofu and leave it in your marinade.
Tofu is great in taking in flavors, it’s almost like a sponge!
Firm tofu is preferred but to be honest, I have made it with silken soft tofu too and it turned out great as well.
I usually stick to my Asian tofu marinade because it’s easy to prepare and flavors tofu beautifully.
How to drain and press tofu?
Draining and pressing out excess water from your tofu block is important or else the tofu won’t be able to take in the marinade.
To do that, cut open your tofu pack and remove the tofu block from the liquids.
Tab dry the block with a paper or clean cloth kitchen towel first.
Then keep a paper or cloth material kitchen towel on your working surface, place tofu over it and another kitchen towel on the tofu.
Keep a weight, such as a heavy bowl on the kitchen towel, so that excess waters are being pressed out of the tofu and soaked in by your paper or cloth.
Keep that way for about 10 minutes or so, or when you feel your tofu looks ready to be processed further.
How to make this sheet pan tofu with vegetables?
This dinner meal is great for all those who call themselves tofu beginners.
Here a rough outline on how you can make this oven baked tofu with vegetables.
The recipe card with all the ingredients and instruction details can be found at the bottom of this post.
The how-to video is the video pop up. Reload the page if you closed it by accident.
Prepare cut and marinate tofu.
Prepare and cut vegetables. Coat vegetables with oil and seasoning.
Spread tofu cubes and vegetables over a prepared baking tray with baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, turn the tofu and vegetables on the tray and bake the other side until crisp and done.
Serve right after baking when still hot and crisp.
Choose your veggies
You can use an assortment of mixed vegetables for the roast veggies, which comes with the tofu in this recipe.
I used broccoli, bok choy and bell pepper combined in mine because that’s what I had at home.
Besides, I like the taste of the three combined and the bell peppers add color too.
You can also add the following ingredients:
- Butternut Squash
- Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes
- Carrot, turnip and other root vegetables
Dipping Sauce serving ideas
I love to serve this sheet pan dinner meal with various dipping sauce.
Just pick one or two to make your supper all the more exciting.
The longer you can keep your tofu cubes to marinate the better. I usually keep them for 20-30 minutes if I’m hungry and in a hurry.
The baking duration depends on the size of your cubes. Cut your tofu into 1-inch thick uniform pieces and bake for about 30 minutes.
Cook at 350 Fahrenheit/ 180 Celsius with the roasting function turned on. I like to use the broiler/grilling function too to brown the tofu and veggies.
The tofu and vegetables are at their best right after roasting. The longer you leave them standing the chewier the tofu will get and the tofu will lose its crispness. You may place it all back into the oven for a few minutes until the tofu is crisp again but be careful to not overcook it all.
Preparing baked tofu is easier, just keep on a sheet and bake on both sides. Fried tofu doesn’t always turn out that great and the marinated tofu will need to be deep-fried to get super crispy.
More Asian Tofu Recipes
- Tofu Tikka Masala Recipe
- Bok Choy Soup with tofu (evolution of my soup)
- Thai Basil Tofu Stir Fry by drivemehungry.com
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baked Tofu with Vegetables (Sheet Pan) Recipe
How to Video
For the Vegetables:
- 11 ounces Mixed Vegetables *see Notes or post for ideas
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare your tofu: drain and press tofu between two paper or clean towels to get rid of excess liquids. Cut tofu into uniform 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare marination by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, and olive oil.
- Place tofu cubes into a large bowl with marination and toss so that tofu is covered by the marinade. Keep to marinade for at least 20 minutes or more and toss once in a while so that all cubes get to soak in some flavors.
- In the meanwhile prepare vegetables. Rinse, peel, cut wherever applicable. Your aim should be almost same sized/thick vegetable pieces.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Toss vegetables in seasoned olive oil. All veggies should be well coated with oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Place a baking sheet over a baking tray. Spread marinated tofu and vegetables over the sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes first. Take out and turn the tofu cubes and vegetables.
- Roast for another 15 minutes or so or until cooked to desired color and crispness.
- Enjoy hot when tofu is still crisp.
- Fresh firm tofu or extra firm tofu is usualy preferred but I have made this dish with silken soft tofu too and it turned out great as well.
- Use mixed vegetables of oyur choice. I used almost equal parts broccoli, bell pepper and bok choy. (I like crisoy roasted bok choy). You can also add other vegetables such as potatoes, cauliflower and kale. See in post for inspiration.
- To make this dish low sodium use low sodium salt and soy sauce.
- To make it gluten-free use gluten-free soy sauce.
- I baked mine in the pictures little longer to get it extra crisp and darker.