The Mediterranean Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is a convenient summer garden vegetable dinner meal.
Pick your veggies (because I give you a choice!), coat with seasoning and spread it over your sheet pan to roast in the oven. It's that easy!
I always like a quick meal on a warm summer evening because who wants to spend time in the kitchen when you get to enjoy a cool beer sitting in the garden.
But I also LOVE Mediterranean flavors and getting it right is the A and O.
How to make it?
I show you how you can make this summer time sheet pan dinner meal at home RIGHT NOW. (yep, it's true!)
The complete recipe with US and metric measurements is located at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card.
This is just a rough outline, so that you can see how this dish comes together, and help you decide if you want to make this tonight or not.
Place cut vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle olive oil and seasoning over the veggies and mix so that the veggies are well coated.
Spread coated vegetables over the sheet pan.
Place sausages into the mixing bowl and mix so take up the remaining oil and seasoning in the bowl. Spread sausages over the sheet pan too.
Roast veggies and sausages in the oven until cooked through.
I use zucchini, onion and bell pepper as vegetables but you can choose to use other veggies in this sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe
This is useful if you have to clean out and use up veggies from your fridge.
You can get creative too so this should give you some space in the kitchen as well!
I recommend that you choose to use Mediterranean veggies in this sheet pan dish.
Here is a set of veggies that you can use along or instead my choice of vegetables in the recipe:
- mushrooms (technically not a vegetable)
- fennel bulb
- brussels sprouts
- potato & sweet potato
- spring onion
- mustard greens
We love to serve this dish on hot summer days and usually, we just enjoy a cold green salad with a simple vinaigrette with that and some bread slices as it's filling.
A flatbread such as my zaatar flatbread goes well with this sheet pan dish too.
I also recommend a dip of your choice with your veggies and sausages. Such as a Tzatziki sauce, a bell pepper dip or a sourcream dill dip.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Prepare your vegetables by rinsing them, peeling and cutting out the core if necessary. Cut them into bite-sized chunks.
- Place vegetable chunks into a large mixing bowl.
- Add peeled whole or halved garlic pods, zaatar seasoning, thyme, black pepper, salt, and olive oil to the veggies.
- Mix it all well so that the veggies are coated with oil and the seasoning.
- Place a parchment over a pan and spread vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Place sausages into the mixing bowl where the veggies had been and just mix a bit around so that the sausages pick up the remaining oil and seasoning in the bowl.
- Place sausages on the sheet pan too.
- Roast veggies and sausages at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius for about 30 mins or until they are cooked through and got some colors.
- Serve hot.
- Pick your veggies. I used 1 small zucchini, 2 medium onions, ½ yellow and ½ red bell pepper. Use about the same quantity if you pick any other veggies instead. *see list of veggies recommended in the post