Sauteed Zucchini with onion and garlic is a simple side dish to serve along with your main course meals.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
- zucchini - smaller one or large ones can be used too. You will need about 2 pounds/ 900 grams for 2-3 servings. They can be green or yellow zucchini (courgette is the British name).
- onion - yellow, white or purple or shallots
- garlic - fresh
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- parsley to garnish fresh
🔪 How to make it?
Here is an overview of how to make this from scratch. The full recipe with US and metric measurement conversions is located in the recipe card further below.
Prep and cut garlic, onion, zucchini.
Saute onion and garlic.
Stir in zucchini and season.
Mix and cook.
Garnish with parsley.
I love sauteed zucchini in the summer with other summer-time vegetables.
Of course, you are free to serve your sauteed zucchini with any meat or fish main course, such s roasted chicken, steak, or fish filet.
Store leftover in an airtight container in your fridge.
The leftovers keep well cooled for about 4-5 days in your fridge.
Warm up in a skillet, microwave, or in the oven.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Garlic Onion Sauteed Zucchini Recipe
- Chop garlic and slice onion1 Onion, 2-3 cloves Garlic
- Cut of zucchini ends. Cut zucchini in half and slice.2 small Zucchini
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil and saute onion first over a medium heat setting.2 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Onion
- Stir in chopped garlic and continue to saute everything at the same heat setting.2-3 cloves Garlic
- Add the zucchini slices. Season with salt and black pepper.2 small Zucchini, 1 Teaspoon Salt, ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mix and saute with the help of two spatulas and keep over a medium heat setting.
- Cook and stir occasionally so that the zucchini gets cooked through and is cooked evenly on all sides.
- Take from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley.Parsley
- 1 small Zucchini ~ 1pound/ 450 grams