These quick Salami Appetizer are always part of my bite-sized party food selection.
each bite is perfectly balanced in flavors and ingredients and is great for entertaining your guests with an aperitif!
Did you know that I’m obsessed with aperitif, the little alcoholic drink to stimulate the appetite before a major holiday meal?
The reason why aperitif is so amazing, besides the quality cognac or whiskey, is the fact that little party food bites are served along!
And this is the absolute highlight in my book, not so much the meal after that.
Hence why I have compiled an essential Amuse Bouche/ party appetizer Hors d’Oeuvres collection of recipes.
Did you know -> Amuse Bouche is the French word for these amazing party appetizers.
It means literally translated “to entertain your mouth”, so to say to entertain your senses.
They are also known as hors d’Oeuvres appetizers.
Why are these Salami appetizers great?
I’m not going to write too much about these quick salami appetizers because it’s a simple straightforward party appetizer idea which doesn’t need much explanation.
Salami appetizers are great because most people love a good slice of salami and most people I know have salami waiting to be used in the fridge.
So, if you need a last minute appetizer idea, these quick salami bites will save the day and your guests are going to love you for appetizer idea.
When to serve the salami appetizers?
- Holiday celebrations – before the Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving meal to stimulate the appetite.
- New Years Party – when the champagne is poured and everyone is on appetizers the whole night!
- Other celebrations or events – Birthdays, Vernissage, Fund Raiser event etc.
Dear Reader, when are you going to prepare and serve up these beautiful salami appetizer bites?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Quick Salami Appetizer
- 1 small Bread Roll
- 10 slices Salami *see Notes
- 1 large Pickle
- 2 large Rocket leaves
- 10 Toothpicks
- Cut your bread roll into bite-sized slices. The bread slice should be thick enough to take the topping.
- Fold the salami slice and place over the bread slices with a piece of washed arugula leaf.
- Cut your pickle into slices and place over the other toppings on your salami appetizer and poke through with a toothpick so that everything holds together and can be picked up easily from the serving plate.
- Pick a salami variety that you like and enjoy. I like thin cuts of Hungarian or Milano Salami. You can also look out for special thick salami cuts made of deer or boar meat. Those are quite special and are frequently served during special celebrations among the high society in the European Alps.
- The Arugula is almost a must in these salami appetizer bites. The leaves balance the flavors well and make these mini party appetizers all the more special!