Baked ham and cheese croissant are my guilty brunch time pleasure.
Prepare these hot cheesy ham filled croissant easily at home within minutes and let's indulge each bite slowly.
This is a super easy breakfast, brunch, lunch or anytime-I'm-craving-comfort-food idea.
The recipe is easy and straightforward but just in case...
What's this ham and cheese croissant?
This ham cheese croissant is basically a French croissant filled with ham and cheese slices.
It's a quick, delicious and convenient way to create a baked hot croissant sandwich.
I love to make this croissant breakfast bake on a lazy day for brunch because they come together without much effort.
How to make it?
To prepare these oven-baked sandwiches follow these straightforward steps.
Grab a fresh French croissant and cut it open lengthwise.
Take a slice of cheese and fold a large slice of ham over the cheese slice.
Stuff the croissant with the ham and cheese slice so that it's all in the croissant.
Bake a few minutes until you see the cheese melting out of your ham and cheese croissant bake.
Buttery flakey French style croissant is your best option, even if they are stuffed with calories.
I love love love when the croissant is a real deal croissant and not some poor substitute knockoff of a croissant.
You can use a large or smaller croissant size, that's up to you but know that it's easier to stuff a larger croissant with the ham and cheese.
I think the best cheese for ham and cheese croissant is a Swiss cheese such as Emmenthaler or a slice of gruyere cheese.
However, feel free to use any other cheese made of real cow milk such as cheddar.
Swiss Cheese is superior in many ways and this is something you need to try out for yourself to understand what I mean.
I use quality pink, thin cut slices of ham and I those tend to be larger in size so I wrap the ham over the cheese.
That way the cheese is kind of locked in the ham and doesn't spill out that easily when baked.
The best part is when you can bite into your ham and cheese croissant sandwich and the cheese starts to ooze out.
You can use Italian Prosciutto ham too if you like in this croissant breakfast sandwich.
Other flavor enhancing ingredients
You can also add the following ingredients to pep up and turn this ham and cheese croissant recipe into your own awesome creation!
- dried marjoram, oregano or basil leaves
- red chili flakes
- scrambled eggs
- chopped onion
- freshly cut chives
- tomato slice
- pineapple chunks (aka Hawaii ham and cheese croissant)
- use bacon instead of ham
Ham and Cheese Recipe ideas
More Croissant sandwich ideas
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Blue Cheese Croissant by kitchenjulie.com
- Fig Blue Cheese and Prosciutto Croissant Sandwich Recipe by cookingwithjanica.com
Dear Reader, what cheese did you use in your croissant sandwich?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Ham and Cheese Croissant Recipe
- 4 Croissant
- 4 slices Ham
- 4 slices Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Cut open your croissant lengthwise, just enough to create a pocket.
- Wrap your ham around the cheese if it's a large slice of ham or just place 1 slice of ham over a one slice of cheese.
- Fill the croissant with the ham and cheese. Try to stuff it if the ham and cheese are looking out of the croissant.
- Place a baking sheet over the baking tray.
- Place your stuffed croissant on the baking sheet and bake your croissant at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius for about 5 minutes or until you see the cheese melting.
- Take out the hot croissant sandwich and leave to cool a bit. Enjoy still warm with the cheese melting out.