Light and easy broccoli radish salad with a simple vinegar based dressing.
Makes a healthy side dish salad.
You will need:
- radish - the pink variety for a color contrast
- shallots or green onions - they are milder than onions
- oil - canola or olive oil
- vinegar - apple vinegar, other fruit vinegar, or just plain kitchen vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- chives or fresh parsley to garnish
Other ingredients that you can add to call this salad your own: cranberries, crispy bacon, feta, walnuts, cashews, raisins, and grapes.
How to make this salad?
This is one of the simplest and at the same time most colorful salads out there.
Here is an overview of how it comes together. The complete recipe is located in the printable recipe card.
Prep broccoli florets and cook broccoli. Either boil or steam.
Strain and cool broccoli.
Prep and slice radish, shallot and chives.
Combine broccoli, radish and shallot.
Prepare dressing by combining salad, black pepper, vinegar and oil.
Pour dressing over vegetables and garnish with chives.
We enjoy this salad with other main course meals for lunch or dinner.
It goes well with most dishes out there. I personally love it with a lentil soup or lentil curry
My sister, who came up with the recipe, loves it with ribs or tacos.
Paul, my husband, enjoys it with pizza or pasta.
Broccoli and radish are filling enough and work well if turned into a weight loss salad. It's gluten-free, low carb, and diabetic-friendly.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge.
To meal prep this salad, I recommend to keep the fresh vegetables and salad dressing ingredients separate.
That way the salad will hold better in the fridge in an airtight container.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Broccoli Radish Salad Recipe
- Cut broccoli florets into manageable pieces. Cut off greens and rinse florets.
- Boil or steam broccoli florets until al dente (to the bite) cooked through. Strain when done and allow to cool.
- In the meanwhile rinse, cut off ends, and slice radish.
- Peel and slice shallots.
- Chop fresh chives. (optional/garnish)
- Combine all salad ingredients
- Prepare the dressing. Combine salt, black pepper and vinegar. Pour and mix in oil.
- Prep salad ingredients in a large or in small serving bowls. Sprinkle dressing and chives over salad.
- Serve up room temperature or cooled as a side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.