Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe makes a delicious weeknight meal.
You can make this quick and easy Asian fried rice with pineapple recipe at home.
I think this easy Pineapple fried rice recipe variation will be the next big fried rice dish, and that for a good reason!
Fried rice is an awesome way to reuse previously leftover rice.
In fact, to make fried rice you need the rice to have been cooked way in advance so that the stir-fried dish doesn’t turn mushy.
How to make fried rice with pineapple?
There are a few tricks you should know, so that succeed with any pineapple fried rice recipe!
- use long corn rice such as Basmati or Jasmin rice because they don’t get that sticky
- wash your rice first with cold water 2-3 times until the water is less cloudy
- cook the rice through but don’t overcook it!
- add a few drops of vinegar to the cooking rice in the pot, it will help in keeping the rice fluffy because the vinegar washes away the starch from the rice grain and starch is causing the rice to stick together. The small amount of vinegar won’t affect the flavor of the rice.
- Use cold rice from the fridge to make fried rice. The cold rice won’t make your fried rice mushy because rice tends to dry in the fridge and that’s what we need for the stir-frying.
- use a big Wok so that you can stir fry peacefully
- Prepare your ingredients first by cutting the veggies etc and keeping it all ready
- Stir fry on high heat and keep the content moving by adding in ingredients, one by one. Cooking fried rice from the beginning to the end should not take more than 10 minutes.
- don’t use more than 3 Tablespoons of oil
- Always add vinegar to your sauce (see recipe) because the vinegar in your sauce will not only give taste but also keep your rice fluffy.
If you follow these steps you will be able to make the best easy fried rice!
I struggled in the past to cook fluffy non-sticky rice until my Asian husband taught me how to do it and now it’s your turn!
The fried rice recipe is vegan and in fact even vegan and nut-free.
It makes a great filling, quick and easy weeknight meal!
Drizzle some Sriracha, Sweet Chili Sauce or Tabasco over the pineapple fried rice for an extra flavor kick!
Fried Rice Recipes
Dear Reader, do you cook frequently stir fried rice dishes at home?
Note: The Post, Easy Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe, was first posted on the 28th November 2016 and has been enhanced and updated ever since.
Easy Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 Green Onions aka Spring Onions
- 1 small Carrot
- 1.4 ounces Cabbage
- 2.5 ounces Pineapple chunks
- 2 Tablespoons Oil or coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger + Garlic *see Notes
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Chill Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup uncooked Rice or about 3 cups cooked rice
- Prepare your fresh ingredients first, by washing them. Then slice the spring onion (keep some of the green stalk slices aside to use as garnish) and peel and cut the carrot small and chop the cabbage. If you use a fresh pineapple, cut off the outside of the pineapple, discard the core and cut your pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Add the oil to the wok and heat up. Once hot add in the spring onion bulbs slices and cook for a minute. Then add the carrot and cabbage pieces. Cook and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the Ginger Garlic paste and stir fry the whole content for another 2 minutes.
- In the meantime mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, and salt to create the stir-frying sauce. Continue adding in the pineapple chunks to the wok and make sure that your wok is hot, so that the pineapple pieces get a bit cooked while frying.
- Then add the rice and stir fry the content quickly. Pour over the rice the soy sauce mixture and stir fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with the remaining spring onion slices.
- Use freshly fine chopped ginger and garlic with a ratio of 1:2 or use ginger and garlic paste.