A quick and easy cheesy garlic pull apart bread. Serve it up as a fun party food!
You will need the following to make this:
- Loaf of Bread - about 9x4 inches or 23x10 cm. I used French-style crunchy bread.
- Garlic - fresh chopped
- Italian Seasoning OR Oregano
- Cheese - I like to use grated cheddar, mozzarella, or pizza cheese. You can use soft fresh mozzarella or any other string cheese too. For a gourmet version use camembert or brie.
This is what I added to mine. Here are some more ideas if you want to enhance yours all the more.
At this point, you could also choose to add some cured meats such as smoked bacon, ham, and salami. Cut them small and stuff the meat into the cut open loaf.
If you add some tomato sauce it will turn into a pizza pull apart bread.
How to make it?
You will take about 10 mins to prep and 20mins to bake this bread.
Here is an overview of how it's done. The details are in the printable recipe card further below.
Cut bread loaf into a grid pattern.
Melt butter with chopped garlic. Add seasoning to that
Pour garlic butter into bread and stuff with cheese.
Wrap stuffed loaf into aluminum and bake for 10 mins covered.
Uncover and finish baking for another 10 mins.
Once you are done baking your bread, take it out of your aluminum on a serving plate.
Place it into the center of a table or at the self-service station so that your guests can pull out their cheesy bits.
It makes a fun savory party appetizer or a game day snack.
I like to garnish mine with some sliced fresh chives. That's for flavor and to add color contrast.
More Party Foods
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- 1 Bread Loaf
- ½ stick Butter 2 oz
- 1-2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning or Oregano
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Cut into your loaf to create a grid. Cut in diagonaly but don't cut through the base of the loaf. That way the pull apart bread will hold it's shape.
- Melt butter with chopped fresh garlic.
- Mix Italian seasoning into garlic butter.
- Place loaf on an aluminium sheet. Pour and spread the butter garlic mix into the bread.
- Stuff the loaf with cheese.
- Wrap the loaf with the aluminum foil.
- Bake loaf first covered for 10 mins at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Uncover the loaf and bake it for another 10 mins without the aluminum foil at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Serve up warm.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.