Fresh 5 ingredient Mango Salsa (if you discount the salt). This will amaze your taste buds this summer!
Try the easy and fresh salsa recipe now.
What is Mango Salsa?
Mango Salsa is a Mexican variation of Picco de gallo, which is known as a salsa fresca or cruda (means fresh or raw).
Ingredients are cut small and enhance each other.
The salsa de mango is therefore sweet, tangy, and can be turned ho with the jalapenos.
It’s served as a tangy side or topping with various meals and its’a well-balanced side.
Homemade Mango Salsa Uses
These are some ideas on how you can use and enjoy this amazing Mango Salsa!
Use with the following meals as a side or topping
- grilled/baked/poached fish such as salmon, mahi mahi, swordfish, tuna, halibut, cod or tilapia
- shrimp or fish taco topping
- pork chops
- grilled chicken
- traditional Mexican meals such as quesadillas, tortilla chips, burritos, fajitas, taquitos, etc.
I also just tend to serve this fresh mango salad with more common every day meals such as omelette, grilled cheese sandwich, burgers, pizza or even a homemade soup.
In fact, you can get creative.
The mango lime salsa is perfectly balanced and is great with most meals as a small side.
How to make Mango Salsa?
To prepare this easy mango salsa recipe is beyond easy and totally in your interest.
The vegan salsa requires 5 ingredients and 5 minute of your time.
You will need fresh Mango
Peel your mango and cut the fruit flesh from the seed core.
Cut the mango fruit pulp into dices and place into a mixing bowl.
Peel the onion and chop fine. Chop the jalapenos fine as well and the cilantro.
Add the chopped onion, jalapenos and cilantro to the mixing bowl with the diced mango.
Pour the lime juice over the fresh ingredients and season with salt.
Mix everything well and keep in the fridge until serving time.
The ingredients will mix up and the flavors will create a balanced taste experience, with sweet sour spicy and salty taking over your tongue.
That is why you need to cut your ingredients small so that they can intermingle better.
Besides small cut mango cilantro salsa is easier to use as a topping in tacos etc.
You can choose how much heat you want to add to turn it into a spicy mango salsa.
Flavor Variations & additional ingredients to add
You can go crazy with your mango salsa by adding one or more other ingredients to your mango pico de gallo.
- Black Beans
- Habanero Chilis
- Habanero Peppers instead of Jalapenos
- Fresh Tomatoes
The perks of this fruit salsa is that it’s completely oil free gluten free, plant based and vegan.
I love to celebrate me Mangoes and I bet you soon will do the same as well with this delicious tangy salsa.
How to store your Mango Salsa?
I usualy prepare my 5 ingredient mango salsa fresh simply because the effort and time spend on this fresh dish is super minimal.
Yet, if you are planning on preparing a bigger batch, then keeping it ready in advance will save you time later on.
You can refrigerate the tropical fruit salsa, if you prepare the salsa a few hours earlier before serving time.
The salsa keeps really well in a Tupperware container or similar.
I don’t really recommend freezing the salsa because the salsa will turn out soggy.
Another idea is to can the your salsa.
To preserve the pico de gallo, place the salsa in clean sterilized jars and press it down a bit so that the jar is filled up to the rim.
That way the salsa should stay good for a couple of days and more if refrigerated.
More Mango Recipes
Related recipe ideas
Dear Reader, how are you going to serve up your fruity salsa?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
5 ingredient Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 Mangoes *see Notes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Jalapeno Peppers *see Notes
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro fresh, aka Coriander
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt optional, to taste
- Peel your mango and cut the fruit flesh from the seed core. Cut the mango into dice.
- Peel and chop your onion roughly.
- Use fresh rinsed jalapenos or pickled jalapenos. Slice fine or chop roughly.
- Rinse and chop your fresh cilantro
- Place all fresh ingredients into a mixing bowl and pour the lime juice over it. Season with salt to taste if you like.
- Mix your mango salsa and keep in the fridge until serving time.
- Use 2 smaller mangoes or 1 very large mango.
- I like to use pickled jalapenos. The heat is less and they are more flavorful. You can use fresh green jalapenos too.
- You can substitute cilantro with culantro too.
- You may season with salt. Salt helps to bring out the other flavors, so I usually add some salt to taste.