Fresh Peach Salsa prepared with 5 ingredients from scratch.
This dish is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
What to expect with this peach salsa recipe?
The peach salsa is inspired by the Mexican Picco de Gallo and a reader most recently asked me to share a peach salsa.
How to make the fruit salsa?
The salsa is easy to prepare from whole fresh ingredients.
Here is an overview of how it comes together. The complete recipe is located at the bottom of this post in the recipe card.
Prep all fresh ingredients.
Peel the peaches and cut into dice, chop chili pepper/jalapenos small, chop the onion, chop cilantro fine.
Place all fresh ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Cut lime and juice.
Pour lime juice over the fresh ingredients, season with salt and combine.
We have been making this peach salsa almost every day in the last days because we had way too many peaches to use up before they turn bad.
Every time, we ended up adding something to the base recipe.
Here are some of our favorite ways to pep up the peach salsa. You can add the following:
- other fruits - pineapple, mango, apricot, avocado, apple, cantaloupe, grapefruit.
- vegetables - tomato, corn, cucumber, and other onions such as red onion or vidalia
- beans - black beans, kidney beans, fava beans.
- hot pepper varieties - habanero and scotch bonnet
- other herbs - you can switch cilantro with parsley. You can add mint, tulsi, Vietnamese coriander.
- or skip chili peppers if you don't want it spicy hot
- for extra flavor add a pinch of ground cumin, coriander seed, and black pepper
- a tsp of vinegar if you want to can it (see storing further below)
Uses and serving ideas
We love this peach salsa with all kinds of dishes:
- lentil and sausage (my favorite)
- seafood - grilled shrimp, tuna, salmon, trout,...
- pork medallions or chops
- stuffed tomatoes with ground meat
- tacos (especially fish tacos)
- grilled chicken
- potato pancakes
I think this salsa is best when it's freshly prepared and straightaway served.
I like it a bid fridge cold but that's not necessary.
If you have leftovers, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
You can prepare the salsa for a later date by canning it.
To do that fill the salsa in jars and cook it in a water bath to sterilize.
You can follow my peach canning post to do that with your salsa, it's the same method.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Peach Salsa Recipe
- Rinse peaches, onion bulbs, chili pepper and cilantro and pat dry.
- Cut peach in two, take out the pit, and peel your peach. Cut peach into dice.
- Slice and chop green onion bulbs, chop chili pepper an,d cilantro too.
- Place all fresh cut ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Season with a pinch of salt to taste and lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Serve up.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.