Watermelon infused water is a summer hit in my home!
It's refreshing and replenished my tired body in the heat. You will feel better with every sip!
📕 What is it?
Watermelon water is regular tap water infused with fresh watermelon chunks.
If you are looking for a blender watermelon beverage, that's a watermelon juice.
The watermelon flavors mix into the water and enrich the healthy beverage with flavors and nutritious elements.
It's mainly a drink to have if you want to pep up your water by not compromising your dietary aims.
The watermelon water tastes like watermelon but isn't sweet, which is great if you want to lose weight or if you love unsweetened drinks like me.
These kinds of fruit waters are also called detox waters or health waters.
We think that the main purpose of watermelon-infused water is to stay hydrated during hot summer days.
- watermelon - regular red watermelon or yellow ones are great too and a bit sweeter.
- water - tab water or you can use mineral waters or soda waters too.
- mint or tulsi (holy basil) to garnish) - adds a nice flavor too
You may want to add a pinch of salt to your watermelon juice. Pick a mineral-rich salt such as Himalayan salt. That way your watermelon water will contain some minerals.
In the summer heat, when you perspire, you lose minerals, and to replenish them you can add a pinch of salt to your infused water.
🔪 How to make it?
Here is how it's done. The full recipe with US and metric measurements is located further down in the recipe card.
Cut watermelon into chunks.
Place watermelon chunks, mint leaves with water in a bottle or infuser.
Leave to infuse for a few hours before you can drink it.
🍹 Equipment and Storing
You can prepare your infused fruit waters in most bottles, you don't necessarily need a special infuser for that.
A water infuser can be useful if you are looking for something portable. Ie. to go to the gym or to take along to work or to the beach.
Another idea is to prepare the infused fruit water in a special pitcher. Those look great if you want to amaze your family and friends.
I like to use milk bottles or bottles that have a wide opening. You can use mason jars too if you like.
The fruit-infused water will keep well for 2-3 days in the fridge. I would drink it before that because the watermelon will get mashy in time.
Once you have emptied your infused water, you can pour in another batch of fresh plain water to infuse it all over again. You can do that about 2-3 times or until the watermelon loses taste.
The watermelon chunks can be eaten after that or use in fruit juice.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Watermelon Infused Water
- ½ cup Watermelon chunks
- 1½ cup Water
- Mint fresh, or Tulsi (holy basil)
- Cut watermelon into managable chunks and collect in a bowl.½ cup Watermelon chunks
- Keep water and fresh mint ready.Mint, 1½ cup Water
- Place watermelon into the bottle pitcher or chosen container to infuse.
- Add mint to the watermelon and pour in water to the top.
- Close the bottle with a lid and give it a shake.
- Allow the watermelon to infuse the water. This can take a few hours. Store in the fridge for cold-infused water.
- Drink water and top up again with fresh water to make the most of your watermelon chunks.
- Wide-mouthed bottle or bottle infuser or infuser pitcher