Refreshing watermelon juice prepared in a jiffy with real watermelon chunks.
I don't know about you but I need some cool clear juice this hot summer!
So, you have been enjoying store-bought package melon juice such as simply watermelon juice or pure melon juice?
Then this homemade healthier juice is all yours! You will need a food processor to make this, no juicer required!
The complete recipe with US and metric measurements and step-by-step instructions is located further below in the recipe card.
Here is a short info on what you will need.
- watermelon - fresh quality amazing watermelon, organic preferred over GMO produce. You can use regular red or pink watermelon or yellow ones. The choice is all yours. Just pick a good one from a known source or farmer.
- sugar (optional) - I don't add sugar in mine because I like it natural as is. But feel free to add sugar, honey, or stevia.
- salt (optional) - add a pinch if you like. Salt can add minerals to your juice. Remember that in the summer heat you tend to lose minerals through your skin when you perspire. Quality salt contains various essential minerals!
🔪 How to make it?
This is how it's done in a nutshell, check the printable recipe card for details.
Cut the ripe watermelon fruit pulp from the skin. Don't cut too much into the border, the white parts are tasteless ad should be avoided.
Place watermelon chunks in a blender with optional sugar or salt and blend smooth.
Pour juice through a sieve to strain seeds.
Serve up juice cold with ice cubes or without.
Did you know that you can pep up your watermelon juice with spices and culinary herbs?
Yes, you can also add other fruits to it, but I think some sweet seasoning is another aha effect by itself!
Here are some ideas for you:
- cardamom - add a pinch of ground green cardamom. It rounds up the watermelon flavors
- cinnamon - a tiny bit for all those whole love cinnamon flavors.
- vanilla - some vanilla seeds paste or vanilla extract can turn it into another delightful drink
- mint - a classic combination with watermelon. Super refreshing!
- tulsi - the Indian holy basil is also super refreshing and adds another flavor to your juice
- lemon juice or zest - gives a slight citrusy touch to your melon juice
You can make this juice in advance.
Make it and store it for up to 2 days in a clean bottle in your fridge.
Watermelon juice can be frozen too and used as cubes in other drinks. This makes for a cool idea!
Besides, if you are growing watermelon and you have a lot, then freezing it as a juice in bottles might be a good idea.
To thaw, just keep out and wait for it to get liquid again.
More Healthy Watermelon Drinks
Mix some soda or sparkling mineral water to your strained juice.
Instant refreshment and rehydration! Watermelon juice is a must when the temperatures are soaring and you feel drained. Also, add a pinch of salt to add minerals because when you sweat you lose essential minerals. It's a useful juice if you are suffering from acid reflux.
Yes, watermelon juice can stain. Wash out the stain before it it gets time to turn your whites yellow.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Fresh Watermelon Juice Recipe
- 2 slices Watermelon 2 inch thick
- Sugar optional to taste
- Salt optional to taste
- Cut your watermelon fruit pulp from the skin. Avoid adding the white tasteless pulp to the fruit pulp.
- Place watermelon chunks in a food processor. You can add sugar and/or salt or a spice or herb of your choice to flavor your watermelon juice (see post for variation ideas).
- Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Place a large thin strainer on a bowl. Pour some of the fruit juice into the strainer.
- The juice will drop into the bowl and seperate from the mash and seeds.
- Press out remaining juice from the pulp with a silicon spatula or spoon. Discard dry-pressed pulp (I add it to my mud and plants when planting something).
- Strain and repeat the process with remaining juice.
- Serve up cleared watermelon juice as is or with ice cubes.