2006 was the year when I had traveled first India, traveled first on my own a huge distant, discovering a mysterious culture and it was the year when I learned to love and value simple things.
India is a chai country.
Chai is Black Milk Tea and common all over the country. I guess the tradition comes from the British.
Traveling around the country you discover small sheby tea stalls, on roadsides, markets where you get all kind of teas and chais such as Chai, Masala Chai, Mint and Ginger lemon honey tea.
That’s how I fell in love with a nice hot refreshing Ginger Lemon Honey Tea. After I had a cold it became an effective cold killer.
Ginger Lemon Honey Tea Benefits
Ginger is an excellent natural cold and flue preventer, refreshing and helpful in cases of stomach flues or food poisoning.
Lemon is full of Vitamin C, antioxidants which is pro live, cell development.
Honey smooths and heals sore throats, a natural energy booster and excellent system immunity builder.
A combination of nature’s best beneficial products, creating a super tea, who’s aroma will take you to mysterious enchanted places.
- 2½ inch medium ginger - cut in small cubes
- 2 Lemons
- 4 blacktea bag - optional
- It is very simple, start by putting to boil 5-6 cups of water in a pot and add the cubed ginger pcs to the boiling water. This will have to boil for around 15-20 min, till the flavoure of the ginger spreads in the water.
- In the mean time cut the lemon and squeeze ½ lemon in each cup, my lemons here are small but much more stronger acidic then the bigger lemons which we get in Europe.
- Add the Ginger Tea to the lemon in the cup, once it is ready and sweeten with honey as you like. My favorite honey is arnica flower honey. I recommend to try the tea with needle tree honey, that's very different and a taste experience. Some people like to add a teabag for some extra flavoure, i leave that up to you.