Perfectly cooked boneless pork loin roast flavored with garlic and prepared with potatoes.
Make your own boneless pork loin roast easily (It’s crazy easy!) and surprise your family and friends.
Watch my how-to video and get the full easy pork loin roast recipe with process shots further below.
This is the best way to cook pork loin roast and it’s the best pork loin roast recipe ever.
You will get to nurture your pork roast to get a lovely crispy crust with juicy flavorful meat slices.
Food heaven indeed!
What is a pork loin roast
A pork loin roast is a whole pork loin roasted in the oven.
The pork loin is a pork cut between the shoulder and the behind legs of the animal.
Pork Loin meat is tender and the leanest and is situated next to the tenderloin (filet).
This meat cut has a thin fat cap which will help you to cook a perfect juicy pork loin roast.
How to cook a pork loin roast in the oven
This is how to roast a pork loin in the oven in 3 straight forward stages and steps.
The full printable recipe with ingredient and instruction details including video is situated at the bottom of this post.
Prep your raw pork loin by cutting a grid pattern into the fat cap.
Poke into the meat with a knife and stuff with garlic cloves. Do that all over the pork loin.
Season the meat with pork roast seasoning, place into roasting pan with sliced onions, caraway seeds and fats.
Brown the meat on all sides over your kitchen stove first.
Add bouillon cube with water or broth to your roast, this will be your sauce later.
Turn roast fat cap up and close the roasting pan with a lid (if yours has a lid or else keep open).
Roast your boneless pork loin for 30 minutes. [first roasting round]
Take out your roast from the oven and pour more water and arrange your potatoes around the roast.
Roast another 30 minutes. [second roasting round]
Prepare your slurry with all-purpose flour and water and pour that to your roast. This will help the sauce to thicken.
Cook your roast 10 more minutes until it’s cooked through and done.
Slice your roast to serve.
Pork Loin Roast Cooking FAQs
What seasoning do you use for your pork loin roast?
I love to mix my own seasoning for pork loin roast because I get to choose the flavor profile.
Technically it’s a pork loin roast rub.
This is the only seasoning that you need in this recipe.
You can also use storebought pork roast seasoning or simple pork seasoning.
What temperature is a pork loin roast done?
The pork loin is cooked in the oven at 460° Fahrenheit/ 240 Celsius and after the potatoes are added at 400° Fahrenheit/ 200 Celsius.
The new USDA guidelines recommend an internal temperature of 145 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit / 60 degrees Celsius and that’s when your roast is done.
You can check the inner temperature with a meat thermometer.
How long to cook pork loin roast?
You will take about 15 minutes to prep your pork meat.
The browning of the meat over the stove takes about 5 minutes.
The pork loin roast with potatoes will cook for altogether 70 minutes in the oven.
The TOTAL pork roast cooking time with cooking on the stove and in the oven is 75 minutes, 1 hour 15 minutes.
Why do you cook your roast first on the stove?
Because the initial all-around browning of the roast over the stove heat will help to release flavors and will give your roast a lovely color.
Why do you roast your pork loin in stages?
The roast is cooked in 3 stages in the oven.
Because the roast needs to be cooked on higher heat at first and potatoes are added afterward and the slurry to thicken at the end.
To break it down:
The first is with a lid on high heat for 30 minutes.
The second round includes the potatoes and some more water and is on a lower heat setting for 30 minutes.
The third includes the slurry to thicken the sauce during the last 10 minutes of roasting duration.
What to serve with roast pork loin
The pork roast comes with potatoes but you can serve it with other side dishes as well.
In that case, you can even switch the potatoes out and cook the roast with root vegetables such as carrots and turnips or you add Sauerkraut instead of the potatoes.
You can always serve other separately cooked side dishes with this boneless pork loin roast recipe.
What to do with leftover pork loin roast
Sometimes we have a few slices of pork loin roast leftover.
The pork meat will taste even better in another dish.
Here are some leftover pork loin roast recipes.
- Make a sandwich with the meat
- Pork Fried Rice by mashupmom.com
- Pork Pot Pie by kudoskitchenbyrenee.com
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Boneless Pork Loin RoastPrint Pin Rate
How to Video
For the Roast (comes with a sauce)
- 2.2 pounds Pork Loin
- 1 Garlic Bulb peeled
- 2 Tablespoon Pork Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon Fat or Butter
- 2 Onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Caraway Seeds or Cumin
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth or Bouillon Cube + Water
- 1 cup Water
- 10 Potatoes peeled and quartered
For the Slurry
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- Cut a grid pattern into the fat cap of your pork loin. *see Notes
- Poke into the pork loin and stuff with a garlic pod. Repeat the process all over the pork loin to use up all the garlic.
- Season your loin with a pork seasoning rub.
- Preheat yout oven to 460° Fahrenheit/ 240 Celsius.
- Place the pork loin into a roasting pan and arrange onion slices around the roast. Sprinkle caraway or cumin seeds over the pork loin and add in pork fats or butter.
- Take the roaster to your stove and heat up. Brown all sides of your roast by turning the meat during the cooking process.
- At the same time add in your broth or 1 bouillon cube with water and mix it into the sliced onion.
- Turn your pork loin fat cap up, close with a lid (if your roaster came with a lid) and place into the oven.
- Cook your roast at 460° Fahrenheit/ 240 Celsius for 30 minutes. [1st roasting round]
- Take out your roaster, pour the remaining 1 cup water in and arrange the potatoes around the roast.
- Place the roast back into the oven but without a lid, and roast another 30 minutes but this time at 400° Fahrenheit/ 200 Celsius. [2nd roasting round]
- Prepare your slurry by mixing together the all-purpose flour and water. Combine with a whisk to a smooth consistency.
- Take out your roast and pour slurry in. Make sure that it mixes into the sauce.
- Place the roast back into the oven for the last time and roast for another 10 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit/ 200 Celsius. [3rd roasting round]
- To serve cut your roast into slices.
- Cutting the fat cap in a grid pattern will help with the roasting of the fat parts. That way the fats will get nice and crispy and the meat will cook through better. Mine already came that way, the butcher did it for me.
- Always place the pork loin fat cap up into the oven to roast.