I absolutely adore golden crisp baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes and this recipe, which includes coconut and chili flakes, was featured in a magazine in Europe in spring 2014.
The chicken drumsticks are perfectly cooked and the chili and coconut give it a slight Indian touch to the baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes.
Some dishes that I made up in the last few years did take me a while to create, others on the hand where instant ideas that were well received.
I save you some trouble as well by coming up with the best that my small "kitchen" has to offer, keeping in mind as well to use fresh locally available ingredients and developing simple time-saving dishes, because we are all busy bees in this world, right?
The Baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes coconut and chili flakes, however, came to life rather fast and thank god for it!
The husband was in a rather bored mood the day when I made them the first time.
The rains were in full swing and it was quite dull outside.
As you know, my husband isn't much of a food lover, it's more of a necessity for him, so food doesn't really lift up his spirits.
I presented him the baked chicken drumsticks with cornflakes and then I heard...
"Hey, you should make that more often and the sauce too, they are both killers!"
At that moment my heart quietly jumped up and the tiny smile appeared on my face while thinking "Got him!".
It's always a success if I can satisfy his taste preferences.
The Coconut gives the coating a lovely neat texture and it goes well with the crushed corn flakes and chili flakes.
In fact, if you like Indian food, you will love these golden baked chicken drumstick with cornflakes, coconut and chili flakes.
Chicken Recipe Ideas
Dear reader, do you like experimenting with food recipes from different cultures?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Golden Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius!
- In a mixing bowl (or soup plate) combine the crushed corn flakes, chili flakes and dried scraped coconut.
- Scramble the egg in another bowl with a fork.
- and then continue to drag it through the cornflakes, chili coconut mixture.
- The chicken drumstick should be well covered with the crumbs mixture. Do the same with the remaining chicken drumsticks and place them into a baking mold.
- Sprinkle the cornflakes drumsticks with a dash of Olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or 1 hour, until crisp and cooked inside. Poke into the meat with a knife to check if it's done, if it's still pink then the chicken drusmticks need some more baking time.
- Best served with a salad, french fries, rice or as a little snack in between.