My Asian Meatballs make a great party appetizer.
Prepared with minced pork and/or beef, and further topped with an oriental sauce, the meatballs make for a welcoming change.
I show you further below, how to make these babies quickly and easily!
If you love Asian flavors and meatballs, then this bite-sized appetizers should be on your bucket list.
The Asian meatballs make for a welcoming change and create an interesting flavor experience.
Asian meatballs ingredients
The Asian meatballs are made with regular meatballs and a homemade Asian sticky sauce.
For the meatballs:
I like to use beef and pork mince mixed together for 2 reasons.
- Pork tends to be fatty and lends juiciness to your meatball. Meatballs made of pork alone tend to taste a bit boring.
- Minced Beef in a meatball, on the other hand, dries out quickly when cooked. Besides, beef and pork simply go hand in hand in terms of flavor.
You can always use either pork or beef mince only to prepare your meatballs.
However, keep in mind that using both together is the ultimate recipe for perfect homemade meatballs!
For the sticky Asian meatballs sauce:
The sauce is prepared by melting and mixing a selection of ingredients together to create a complex Asian flavored sticky meatball sauce.
The ingredients for the meatball sauce include:
- Ginger Garlic – balances the flavors
- Honey – sweetens the sauce and lends a floral note
- Brown Sugar – bridges the sour and spicy flavors
- Tamarind – adds a lovely fruity sour touch to the sauce
- Chili Paste – because we need some heat as well
- Soy Sauce – to add depth to the sauce and a salty flavor dimension
- Sriracha – because this ingredient will give it a Thai touch
- Rice Vinegar – For a slightly pungent taste experience
- Onion Powder – adds a savory taste to the sauce
- Sesame Seeds – For the garnishing looks and additional flavor
How to make the Asian meatballs?
I prepare my Asian meatballs from scratch but feel free to use frozen meatballs, which you prepared in the past or which you purchased.
Normally I prepare a big batch of meatballs, which I then freeze for a later use.
Then I just need to take them out of the freezer and thaw them a bit before roasting them in the oven.
You can also use already cooked and frozen meatballs if you prefer!
To make these delicious Asian meatballs, you need to combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan.
Once you have done that, add your cooked meatballs.
Watch the video for the detailed preparation method.
The full printable recipe with the step by step instructions is right below.
Related Asian Recipes:
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Crispy Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by KitchenSanctuary.com
- Pad Thai Sauce
- Meatball Curry
Dear Reader, when are you planning to make these tasty saucy Asian meatballs?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
Subscribe & Get your freE
Asian Meatballs with Minced Pork and Beef Recipe
- In a pan add the brown sugar, honey, ginger garlic paste, tamarind paste, chili paste or cayenne pepper powder, soy sauce, onion powder, sriracha sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Heat up and mix all the sauce ingredients well.
- Keep on stirring the sauce while it’s reducing a bit. You can keep the sauce more liquid if you prefer. The more you reduce the sauce the more sticky it gets.
- Add your meatballs to the pan and cover the meatballs generously with the sauce.
- Take out all the meatballs and place on a serving tray.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the meatballs as a garnish and serve at room temperature.
- I use pork and beef meatballs for these Asian meatball appetizers. You can make this recipe too with chicken or turkey meatballs if you prefer.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.