Balsamic Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad with Walnuts is one of our favorite salads at home.
The salad is savory, sweet with the light sour dressing and has both soft and crunchy elements to make you want more instantly with each bite.
This salad was partially inspired by my Arugula Feta Salad.
Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad Ingredients
I didn’t understand for
Then I had another epiphany when I saw fellow bloggers adding strawberry to their spinach salad.
It turns out that sweet soft fruity strawberries complement well the earthy flavors of leaf spinach.
Add to this, walnuts, feta cheese
I like to enjoy a glass of homemade strawberry detox water with this Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad.
I feel like I’m doing great with my healthy food intake that way.
I tend to use baby spinach salad leaves in this spinach strawberry salad recipe because they are smaller and more delicate.
Baby Spinach is definitely the way to go for a cold salad dish.
Spinach adds an element of earthiness to the salad and is a great source of protein.
A no brainer, strawberries the fresher and better!
I try to use small woodland Strawberries or
Wild strawberries are more intense and small.
I love them!
They can be easily found growing scattered in nail tree forests.
Feta Cheese comes in blocks and you can buy regular Feta cow milk cheese and the more intensly flavored “real” goat cheese feta.
I usually go for the cow milk cheese feta but if you like goat milk and cheese, then pick that.
Greek or Bulgarian Feta is preferred for quality reasons.
Besides, I simply cut the feta into cubes but you can crumble in your feta cheese too if you like.
Walnuts add not only a nutty touch to your salad but they also turn your spinach and strawberry salad into a crunchy feast.
I tend to crush them a bit into smaller pieces so that I can pick them up easier with my fork and the other ingredients.
That way you have little pieces of walnuts scattered all over your salad.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
The strawberry spinach salad dressing for the spinach strawberry walnut salad recipe is made of balsamic vinegar, oil, mustard, and simple seasoning.
The mustard helps to emulsify and thicken then strawberry salad dressing.
I like to use classic dijon mustard for that.
I use extra virgin olive oil and imported Italian balsamic vinegar from Modena, which tends to be on the thicker side.
What other ingredients can I add to my salad?
You can also add the following ingredients to your spinach strawberry balsamic salad to create different spinach salad recipes!
- Boiled Egg
- Red Onion
- Candied Walnuts
- Dried Cranberries
- Fresh Blueberries
More Salad & Dressing ideas
Dear Reader, how do you like your spinach salad with strawberries and feta? Do you add other ingredients to yours?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
Subscribe & Get your freE
Balsamic Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad with Walnuts
For the Salad:
- 1.8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 12 piece Strawberries
- 3.5 ounces Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Rinse your baby spinach leaves well and pat dry.
- Rinse the strawberries too, pat dry and cut off the stem part. You can either cut your strawberries into half, quarters or slice them.
- Take the Feta Cheese from the package and get rid of excess cheese water. Cut the Feta into small cubes or crumble into your salad just before serving.
- Crush the walnuts slightly or cut into halves so that they are easily mixed into the salad.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in medium bowls
- For the dressing, mix together with a fork or whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard paste, and black pepper. The dressing should be well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the mixed salad ingredients just before serving time.
- I think the salad is great when served cooled. You can keep the salad ingredients and dressing in the fridge until serving time.
- See in the post for ideas for ingredient additions.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.