15-minute Shrimp scampi with asparagus and tomato is a favorite dinner meal at home!
Prepare the shrimp butter sauce within minutes for dinner tonight!
What is shrimp scampi?
Shrimp Scampi is a seafood garlic butter sauce prepared with fresh shrimps white wine, parsley, and seasoning.
It's an Italian-American invention and was inspired by an Italian dish, scampi cooked in olive oil.
Scampi are actually small lobster-like seafood, which resemble shrimp.
Just like the shrimp fra diavolo, Italian immigrants came up with the shrimp scampi in the US, and started to serve the sauce over pasta.
The dish got super popular thanks to family takeout places like the Olive Garden and Red Lobster.
I most definitely made my own version of olive garden shrimp scampi recipe.
Basically, the classic olive garden recipe has been adapted.
I like to add more asparagus and I love the addition of fresh tomatoes, and so I did!
This homemade Scampi is a garlic butter sauce with seafood.
Add the following ingredients to your shopping list:
- White Wine
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Black Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes and Lemon Juice are optional in my recipe.
I usually serve mine over angel hair pasta or linguini pasta but you can choose to do it your way.
You don't have to serve this seafood scampi with angel hair pasta.
Pasta is just the most common way to enjoy this shrimp garlic sauce.
Instead of pasta, serve the shrimp sauce over or with cooked :
- Couscous such as a cold couscous salad
- Roasted sheet pan root vegetables
How to make it?
I take about 15 minutes to prepare and cook this quick shrimp scampi with asparagus.
To prepare the recipe easily from scratch, follow the steps.
Sautee the Asparagus and garlic in butter with the shrimp in a skillet.
Season and deglaze with white wine.
Braise the shrimp scampi until shrimps are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
Add tomatoes and combine before serving up hot.
More Shrimp Dinner Ideas
- Shrimp Chow Mein
- Shrimp Eggplant Sauce by valentinascorner.com
- Spinach Tortellini Shrimp by 4sonrus.com
Dear Reader, with what are you going to serve this shrimp scampi?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Creamy Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus and Tomato Recipe
For the Shrimp Scampi Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1.8 ounces Asparagus fresh, cut into two or threes
- 1 Tabespoon Garlic chopped fine
- 15 piece Shrimp
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes optional
- ½ Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Parsley fresh
- ⅓ cup White Wine
- 2 small Tomato
- Lime Juice optional
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil and half of the butter quantity.
- Saute asparagus and chopped garlic for 2 minutes.
- Then add shrimp and one more tablespoon of butter. Saute over a medium heat setting.
- Season with black pepper, pepper flakes (optional), salt, and parsley.
- Deglaze with white wine and keep over a medium heat setting. Mix it all up.
- Braise over a medium to low heat setting. Add the last tablespoon of butter.
- Mix and reduce the sauce a bit to desired consistency.
- Stir tomatoes into the pan and serve up hot with lemon juice sprinkled.
- Use fresh shrimps if possible because they are more flavorful.
- Add more salt if needed
- I serve my shrimp butter sauce over angel hair pasta. See post for serving ideas.