Sheet pan oven roasted potatoes and carrots is a quick and easy side dish.
I show you how to make this tasty vegan dish asap below!
This side dish is healthier, low carb (without sugar), gluten-free and plant-based vegan.
You will love your roasted carrots and potatoes served with other main course meals. It’s almost effortless to make it from scratch!
How to roast potatoes and carrots in the oven?
Make your roasted carrots and potatoes in the oven. This is how it’s done in a nutshell.
Get the complete recipe located at the bottom of this post.
Prep your potatoes and carrots. Decide if you want to peel them or not.
Cut your vegetables the same size.
Combine in a bowl the seasoning and oil.
Coat your potato and carrot with the seasoned oil.
Spread vegetables over sheet pan and roast until cooked through and done.
You can enhance the flavor of your carrots and potatoes by adding one of the following (or combined) ingredients to the oil and seasoning before you roast your vegetables.
- thyme – dried or fresh
- rosemary – dried or fresh
- oregano or marjoram – dried or fresh
- dill – dried or fresh
- savory herb – dried or fresh
- Italian seasoning blend
- red chili pepper flakes – to add heat
- balsamic vinegar
How to serve this side dish?
We end up making potatoes and carrots frequently at home because it tastes great and it’s easy to make it.
Besides, it can be served with a whole set of main course meals.
For example, I love it with a chicken roast or any other oven-roasted chicken.
Also, a pork loin roast is great with potatoes and carrots.
Another idea is to serve it up for dinner with a beef stew or a Sunday beef roast.
Served with fish and shrimp and a spritz lemon, is another delicious idea!
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 pound Potatoes 6-7 smaller pcs
- 11 ounces Carrot 8 smaller pcs
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Prep your potatoes and carrots. You can choose to peel potatoes and carrots or not. I peel them and trim off the carrot ends.
- Cut Carrots into half lengthwise. Quarter potatoes or half or cut smaller, depending on the size of your potatoes. The potatoes should be the same size and not too large or they won't cook through on time. I cut mine into 2 inch sized potato pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Combine in a bowl the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Add carrot and potato pieces to the seasoned olive oil and coat.
- Spread coated vegetables over a sheet pan.
- Roast at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius for about 25-30 mins or until cooked through or golden.
- Serve up hot as a side dish.