My Greek Salad Recipe is a Greek-inspired salad prepared with fresh vegetables, original kalamata olives, and firm feta cheese.
What is Feta Cheese?
Feta is a white firm grainy fresh cheese produced from sheep and goat milk.
Feta is common in Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria and in the Balkans.
White cheese that has been made from cows milk can’t be called Feta and in fact similar cow milk white cheese variations are also common under different names in the Mediterranean area.
Feta cheese might sound exotic to some of us, but it has attracted lots of attention in Europe and that’s mostly due to the introduction of the classic Greek Salad Recipe in the last decades.
What are Kalamata Olives?
Kalamata Olives are superior quality olives.
I call them the ultimate olives and when I think of olives, that’s what I mean.
Kalamata Olives are called like that because they are native to Kalamata, which is a city in South Greece.
The Kalamata olive is smooth on the outside, large and has a lot of fruit flesh on it.
Try to get whole Kalamata olives with the seed still attached.
Those are not mushy and perfect for this greek salad
More Salads from around the world
Dear reader, do you prepare salads frequently at home?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Simple Greek Salad Recipe with Dressing
For the Salad:
- Wash all your veggies. Cut your tomatoes into dice, peel the cucumber if needed and half the cucumber and cut into thin slice.
- Peel the onions and cut into thin rings and also cut the capsicum into rings.
- Cut your Feta into cubes (or crumble) and add all the ingredients including the olives into a salad bowl.
- For the dressing mix the olive oil vinegar, salt and pepper well.
- Cover your salad with the dressing and garnish with dried oregano.
- Best enjoyed cooled and serve with vegetable kebabs, bbq grilled meat, veggies etc.
- Try to get black kalamata olives to prepare this salad to give it the real flavors it deserves.
- 1 serving for lunch or 2 if served as side dish