Speedy way to prepare super tasty garlic bread. Just 3 ingredients to prepare it in your oven.
Serve it up as a side with your favorite main course meals.
- Garlic - fresh or pickled for a twist. Garlic needs to be finely chopped or crushed.
- Butter, lard, or olive oil - butter is the most obvious choice. Pork lard adds a lot of flavors and is great for a change. Olive oil to make it vegan.
- Bread - we use french bread such as baguette but you can use a long loaf too or Italian ciabatta bread.
How to make garlic bread at home?
My sister came up with this preparation method to make garlic bread under 10 minutes at home.
Here is an overview on how it's done. The adjustable metric and US measurements are located at the bottom of this post.
Watch the video pop up for the full how to.
Combine chopped or crushed garlic with butter or oil in a bowl.
Cut a baguette in two and cut into bread.
Spread garlic blend into bread.
Bake garlic infused bread in the oven.
When done cut into slices to serve.
You can add the following ingredients to your bread when you spread in the garlic butter.
- fresh chopped herbs such as basil, oregano or marjoram
- Italian seasoning blend
- candied onions
- cheese such as grated cheese or cream cheese
- crushed red chili flakes
- black pepper
It's also lovely with the tomato basil soup or in fact most other soups.
Sometimes I just love to make it as a little snack. 🙂
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge but use them within days. Reheat your aromatic bread in the oven for 5 minutes before you serve it.
You can freeze your bread too. To do that, Prepare the bread with garlic butter as in the description explained.
Don't bake it, but cut it into slices instead and place it on a tray in your freezer to freeze hard. Keep them in a vacuum bag and store them in your freezer.
I wouldn't keep them longer than a month in your freezer.
To warm up frozen garlic bread, spread on a baking sheet and warm up in your oven for 20 minutes or until it's warm and not frozen.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 3-4 cloves Garlic fresh
- 4 Tablespoons Butter or olive oil
- 1 Baguette 2 feet or 60 cm long
- Preheat oven to 350° F. or 180° C.
- Crush or chop fresh garlic small. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter or oil to the garlic. Combine ingredients.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut baguette bread into two and cut into the bread to create a pocket.
- Spread garlic butter blend into the bread pocket.
- Place bread on the parchment paper. Bake garlic bread for about 5-10 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit or 180° Celsius.
- Take out from the oven and cut your bread infused with garlic into slices. Use a bread knife and carefully cut in slow motion to prevent it to break.
- Serve up as a side with your favorite main course meal.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.