Curried Chicken Salad is a flavorful lunch salad idea which I tend t me whole year round.
This salad is prepared with curry powder, and depending on how much you add of the spice blend, can turn a bit spicy.
Curry powder is a very popular spice blend in Europe and mostly in Germany, UK, and France.
In Germany, curry powder is used to prepare Curry Sausage which the Germans consider being their most favorite street food.
The UK is known for delicious curries and curry and curries such as the Aloo Gobi Masala make a big appearance.
In France, Curry powder is often while used to prepare Curry mayonnaise, which is a dip for surimi crab sticks or a salad dressing.
After having experienced curry powder in fresh lunch meals in France, I felt inspired and came up with this green curried chicken salad.
The salad comes together fairly simple and makes a great lunch meal prep recipe.
The salad consists of various green salad leaf variations (as in the everyday green salad recipe) and you can customize it to your needs.
I like to add cocktail tomatoes too!
The chicken is boneless breast, cut into small bite-sized strips, salted and peppered and cooked soft.
The Curry Mayo is prepared with Mayonnaise, curry powder and some vinegar.
All the ingredients are mixed together and that’s how you can easily prepare a wholesome healthy lunch meal full of flavors.
Tools used to make the easy recipe for crab salad:
- 8 Inch Stainless Steel Knife: To cut through the Surimi crab stick in one go and cut the vegetables small
- Acacia Salad Serving Bowl: Looks great on the table and it’s a quality serving bowl!
- Bamboo Cutting Board: Easier to clean, robust cutting board and safe for the blade
More similar Salad ideas:
Dear Reader, do you frequently use curry powder in your food?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Curried Chicken Salad
For the Salad:
- 3/4 cup boneless Chicken breast
- pinch Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- Oil to fry Chicken
- Mixture of Lettuce Leaves
- 12 Cocktail Tomatoes
- Cut your clean boneless chicken breast into bite-sized strips. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Keep a frying pan ready and cook the chicken on all sides soft. Keep aside to cool.
- Shred your lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut your tomatoes into half.
- Place the salad, tomatoes, and chicken together into a bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl add the mayonnaise, the curry powder, and the vinegar.
- Mix the curry mayo dressing together.
- Keep the mayo and salad ingredients separate until you plan on eating it so that the greens stay nice chunky. Mix all together once you are ready to enjoy your curried chicken salad.