A simple chorizo and eggs recipe prepared in one skillet.
You can use Spanish or Mexican chorizo to make this dish from scratch within minutes.
What's chorizo and eggs?
Chorizo and eggs is a Mexican dish called huevo con chorizo.
Seasoned eggs are scrambled and enriched with spiced chorizo sausage.
It's prepared with Mexican chorizo, which is nothing like the Spanish chorizo.
However, I like to use Spanish chorizo, as you can see in the pictures and video because it's convenient and cured.
Mexican Chorizo requries more cooking in the skillet.
You are free to choose your chorizo variety for this recipe.
Mexican VS Spanish VS other Chorizo
Mexican chorizo comes in a casing and has to be taken out of the casing before it can be cooked. It then looks more like ground sausage.
Spanish Chorizo is cured and hard spiced sausage. The skin can be peeled off and the sausage is cut into slices. Portugues chorizo is the same consistency. Spanish is easier to use because it's cured and doesn't need to cook much.
Other chorizo varieties exist all around the world, such as the Goan Pork Chorizo in India. Those can be used in this recipe too.
You will need the following ingredients to make this low carb/keto scrambled egg dish from scratch:
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Onion & Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Cilantro or Parsley fresh
- Mexican or Spanish Chorizo
- Lard or Butter
To make this vegan follow my scrambled tofu recipe instructions and season as per this recipe and stir in chorizo.
How to make Chorizo and Eggs?
Here is an overview of how to make this dish. It should give you an idea of what to expect.
The complete recipe with details is located at the bottom of this post in the recipe card.
Season and scramble the eggs.
Heat up a skillet with lard or butter and pour in egg mix.
Cook and scramble egg.
Stir in sausage and stir cook sausage with the eggs until cooked through.
Serve up hot.
You can prepare and serve up this dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I love scrambled eggs and chorizo with a green salad and freshly baked bread.
Muffins would go well with it too.
You can stuff a burrito too or a taco by using the egg and chorizo like a filling.
I bet that baked beans and bacon would be tasty too.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Warm up again in a skillet and enjoy.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Chorizo and Eggs Recipe
- In a bowl combine the eggs and the seasoning. The salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder, ground cumin, and freshly chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Scramble egg with seasoning. Keep aside
- Prepare your chorizo. If you use Spanish style cured chorizo, take off the skin and cut into half or quarter, and slice. If you use Mexican Chorizo, take raw meat out of the casing.
- Heat up a skillet over medium to high flame and melt the lard or butter.
- Pour scrambled seasoned egg into the hot skillet and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until it doesn't look super liquid anymore. Start to scramble the egg.
- Takedown the heat to medium and make some space in the center. Stir sausage into the pan.
- Stir cook sausage with scrambled eggs over a medium heat setting, until the meat and eggs are cooked through.
- Serve up hot.