Burger Seasoning is another amazing useful blend of spices, herbs, and salt! Besides, preparing burger seasoning from scratch is super easy and will flavor and turn your burgers into the best burgers at the next BBQ grill hangout this summer!
The ingredients to make burger seasoning are common pantry spices and this is a smaller batch which should be enough for a bigger batch of burgers too. You can easily scale the burger recipe that way.
Back in the day, homemade burgers were way more common than nowadays.
The moment I see perfect soft burger buns at the grocery store, I will buy a few and prepare burgers at home! I am a huge burger fan and of course, I like it with well-flavored beef mince burger meat and the ultimate sauce.
My favorite sauce is the Magic Sauce aka Big Mac Sauce. I am not going to lie. The big mac is my addiction besides the double cheeseburger, however, nothing beats preparing your own perfect copycat burger at home with a gorgeous good burger seasoning to flavor the best quality of beef mince.
Best Burger tips
You are going to rejoice because there is actually nothing easier than preparing your own burgers from scratch! You just need the right ingredients, seasoning and of course, you should be able to tell when the meat burger has cooked to perfection.
A burger needs to remain juicy after having been cooked and should be flavorful as well!
The following simple quick tips to make burger patties will be useful
- Use quality meat, A grade meat if possible. For juicy burgers, you will need a certain fat amount in your burger, so lean meat results in dry burgers. I think the best burgers turn out when you mix beef and pork mince together. These burger patties tend to be more flavors and remain juicy easily!
- Using whole spices, roasting them on a dry pan to release the aroma of each spice and then grinding them, results in more intense and qualitative higher spice seasoning for your burger.
- My secret burger ingredient, besides the burger seasoning, is a mixture of Tamarind Paste and Tamari Soy Sauce (thicker Soy sauce variation). It adds another flavor dimension to the burger which will make it irresistible! (More wet flavor seasoning ideas further below)
- Once you add the seasoning to the burger meat and you mix it, keep the burger meat to marinate for a few hours. Cover the bowl with a clean wrap and keep in the cold in the fridge. That way the flavors will have time to come to life and your burger meat will take in the flavors with open arms!
Additional wet flavor seasoning ideas
To my dried burger seasoning (as seen in the recipe further below) I also add wet seasoning ingredients.
Over the years I tried various flavoring combinations and additions of wet ingredients. These days I usually always stick to my above-mentioned secret burger seasoning, Tamari soy sauce, and tamarind paste but you can try adding the following ingredients to your burger meat.
That way you can build your own perfect burger and nobody will stop you! Instead of my secret burger sauce try adding:
- Regular dark Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- HP Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- dash of Whiskey
- Egg (Keeps the Burger together) Used to be my go-to addition when I started out but nowadays I don’t like the egg taste in my burger.
How to make the best burger seasoning?
For the best ever burger seasoning you will need to make it from scratch. For the best result (as mentioned above) with whole dry toasted spices ground to powder.
I have adjusted and worked on this burger seasoning recipe for years. It’s not a hot recipe but a seasoning that will make sure that your burger meat flavors are brought out all the more.
The point is to enhance the meat so that the seasoning doesn’t add just flavor but also a well-rounded aroma to your burger. A great burger seasoning shouldn’t be overwhelming, it should melt into the flavors of your burger. Enhancing it, turning your homemade burger patties into the star meal at the next grilling event!
Use the seasoning mix in Burgers…
- to grill the burger
- to fry in a pan
- to prepare the seasoned patties and freeze
Besides you can use this easy, simple and tasty good burger seasoning with various other ground meats such as lamb, turkey, and chicken.
BEST Burger Seasoning Recipe to print:
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried Basil flakes
- ½ Teaspoon dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Add all the dried and ground ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and store in an airtight container such as these spice glass jars.
2. Per pound or ½ kilogram use 1 Tablespoon of the burger seasoning. Eventually, you can add wet ingredient as well (see suggestions in the post). In the video, I added a 50/50 mixture of thick Tamari soy sauce and Tamarind paste mixed together.
3. Once you have added the burger seasoning and burger wet ingredient to the meat, mix all well. Allow marinating in the fridge covered to intensify the flavors.
Dear Reader, do you add other flavoring ingredients to your burger meat besides the burger seasoning?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the commetn section further below!