A simple tasty beet salad with a handful of ingredients.
Use your kitchen pantry ingredients to make this classic healthy beetroot salad with dressing.
This salad is vegan, gluten-free plant-based and contains real ingredients.
What beetroots to use?
You can use red or golden beets to make this salad. I used red beets as you can see in the picture
Red beets taste earthy. The earthy intensity depends on where you are located and the variety.
Golden beets are smoother, sweeter and less earthy.
I personally prefer earthy varieties as they make the best beet salad. You can pick whichever you like.
How to cook beets?
Raw beets can be boiled, roasted or grilled.
If you want to boil them, don’t bother to peel your beets. Just boil as is until soft and peel before dicing.
To roast your beets, peel them first and cut into dices. Spread over a sheet pan and roast until soft.
Follow the instructions to grill your beets.
Sometimes to save time we buy ready-cooked and packed beets from the store.
That way you can make this salad within 5 minutes if you are short on time.
Instructions to assemble the salad
There are 2 easy steps to make this salad and the instructions are here to give you a rough idea.
See post at the bottom for all the details.
Prepare beets for salad by cooking them soft (and peel).
Cut your cooked beets into dices.
Place in a salad bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Pour vinaigrette dressing over the diced beet pieces.
Mix well and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
I like this salad as is without adding any other ingredients.
We serve it as a side dish salad to main course meals. It goes really well with fish, pork and chicken meals.
Here are some ingredients that you can add to your diced beets.
- cheese – goat feta cheese, blue cheese
- greens – arugula, spinach
- nuts – walnut, pine nut, pistachios, cashews
- fruits – orange pieces, strawberry
Store your ready-made salad in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Take out and serve your salad cold.
Don’t freeze the salad.
More simple salad recipes
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
PIN to save for later!
Subscribe & Get your freE
Beet Salad Recipe
- 2 medium Beets
- Cook your beets soft. To boil beets, boil in with the skin until tender to the core. Allow to cool and peel.
- Cut beets into dices and place into a salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a fork or place into dressing shaker.
- Pour dressing over beets and mix it all in so that beet dices are coated with the dressing.
- Servings are rather small. Serve your beet salad with a main course meal as a small side dish.
- You can use apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, or even flavored vinegars. Whichever you prefer for flavor.
- Pick either olive oil, saffola or sunflower oil.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.