Flavorful and balanced balsamic roasted beets.
The earthen flavors of this red root vegetable with balsamic vinegar are a perfect combination.
They are sure to awaken your love for this humble healthy veggie!
You will need the following ingredient to make this dish. The US and metric measurements are further below in the printable recipe card.
- beets - fresh red or golden beets (I used garden fresh beets)
- olive oil
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
How to roast beets to make balsamic beets?
This is a super straight forward recipe! Here is an overview, the details are in the recipe card below, or watch the pop-up video.
Cut off end and peel beets
Cut beets into larger chunks
Place beets into a mixing bowl with salt, black pepper and olive oil. Combine.
Stir beets into a baking dish.
Roast beets until cooked through.
Take out from the oven and coat with balsamic vinegar when still hot.
Serve up balsamic beets.
Beets are versatile and the balsamic flavors complement the earthen touch of those root veggies.
Other side dishes such as cooked rice, wheat berries, and other roasted veggies such as brussels sprouts, potatoes, and carrots, go really well with beets.
You can also add the cooled roasted balsamic beets to your salad.
I love the combination of beets, radish, ruccola, goat cheese with a sweet honey mustard dressing.
Keep roasted beet leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Warm them up in a pan, in your oven in a heat resistant dish, or in your microwave in a microwave dish.
Heating them in the oven will turn the balsamic beets extra crispy.
Depending on the size of your beet chunks and your oven, it can take somewhere between 35-45 mins to cook your beets through. Check if they are cooked through by poking into the beets with a sharp small knife.
You can add a teaspoon of thyme and/or rosemary. You can also add a dash of garlic powder and onion powder.
Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley or chives over your roasted beets.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Balsamic Roasted Beets Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit/ 200° Celsius.
- Cut off the end from your beets and peel them.
- Cut beetroots into same-sized chunks. You can quarter them if they are small-sized.
- Place beets into a mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Spread olive oil over the beets and mix.
- Spread beets in a baking dish.
- Roast beets in the oven. Turn the root pieces in between to make sure that they are roasting on all sides. Roast until cooked through.
- Take out the beets from your oven and pour the balsamic vinegar over them. Mix it up so that the hot beets are coated with the balsamic vinegar.
- Serve up hot as a side dish. (see ideas in the post)