Sometimes I just feel like enjoying a juicy, perfectly cooked piece of red meat. We grew up with tender beef steaks and Schnitzel, so once in a while I get that craving. It takes over my senses and even my mind. At some point, I end up thinking only about beef steaks. Weeks after my last steak I catch myself day dreaming about a moist flavorful piece on my tongue. In time, this behavior gets even worse, where one can see me looking into the far while drooling uncontrollably.
Cold meat cuts, sausages, veal, turkey meat, pate and plentiful future lunch and dinner dishes with a load full of meats.
To start my meat trail I am sharing and serving up this pan-roasted veal steak with herb butter recipe. I have included the making of homemade herb butter so you should be covered with the authentic recipe. The best thing you can do is to serve these steak babies when your friends are coming over, or surprise your family members with some really good food! Serve with Yum Yum Sauce and Pan Fried Okra with garlic.
- 600 grams Beef fillet into 6 beef steaks a 100 grams
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Chives chopped
- 4-5 big Garlic cloves
- 50 grams Butter or 4 Tablespoons or almost ¼ cup
- 2-3 bigger Onions or 230 grams
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Place your steaks on a clean surface and smash them a bit with the meat smasher so that they flatten a bit and turn softer. Season with salt and pepper on all and both steak sides.
- Chop the fresh herbs, place into a bowl and mix the garlic butter into the herbs.
- Cut your Onions into rings. Place the Oil into a frying pan, heat up and fry the Onions soft.
- Then place each steak into the pan and fry on each side for 3 minutes medium pink. Serve the steak with a dollop of herb butter on it.