Beef Liver Pâté is a delicacy which I enjoy having during my snack time on a freshly baked piece of bread. Yet, Beef Liver Pâté makes a great bite sized Hors d’oeuvre Appetizer, especially when it’s a super quick and easy to make the pate from scratch!
So, How do you make a shortcut, quick & easy, Beef Liver Pâté from scratch?
Well, contrary to the believe the fast homemade pate version can be prepared in less then 10 minutes. See the full beef liver pâté recipe with instructions further below!
What is Beef Liver Pâté ?
There are many different techniques of preparing a liver spread paste which originated in France.
The lavish medieval royal banquets often served pâté, including beef liver pâté, in different forms such as in a baked crust.
It was a very time consuming art back then to create pâté, from scratch and so they created even an own profession, as you had to be a trained and skilled in making differently flavored pâté.
So, pâté was mostly popularized during the renaissance, amongst the French royal court and the English court.
After the french revolution, beef liver pâté became more accessible to the common men and turned into a fashionable delicacy in France.
How do you make a quick and easy Beef Liver Pâté?
I learned this beef liver recipe in my years in my college cooking years in Austria, which is really quick and easy to prepare.
My mother owns some traditional French beef liver pâté recipes, which are much more complicated and involve more techniques. I am keeping those for an other day and time in the future.
To prepare the beef liver from scratch you will need to cut the still frozen beef liver into smaller pieces.
Then you just need to fry it with all the other ingredients in a pan until it’s well cooked.
At the end just blend the previously cooked beef liver + ingredients to a smooth paste. The longer you blend it the better.
Make sure to use the this quick and easy beef liver pâté within days as it can’t be stored for too long in the fridge.
That is why the more complicated and proper pâté are cooked in a special way to preserve it longer.
You can garnish the Beef Liver Pâté with…
- Sweet Capsicum
- Tangy Dill Pickles
- Sweet Onion Pickle
- chopped fresh Garden Cress
- chopped fresh Chives
Beef Liver Pâté Recipe [Quick version] below:
- 200 grams frozen Beef Liver or 7 oz
- 1 medium onion - peeled, halved and cut into thin slices
- 2 big garlic cloves - peeled, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons olive Oil
- pinch Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 or ½ Teaspoon sweet Paprika powder or Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- The easiest way to work with liver is when it is still half frozen (when removed from the freezer) because the texture of it is very jelly like. Cut your liver into cubes, discarding the transparent liver skin.
- Cut the onion and chop the garlic and heat a frying pan with the olive oil. Add into the hot pan the onion and garlic and fry till they are glossy. Now add in the Liver and fry it all covered on slow heat until the liver is well cooked. That usually takes 5 minutes if cut small.
- Transfer to a blender and add the remaining ingredients, salt, pepper, Oregano, Paprika powder or Cayenne Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce. Blend the whole content to a paste.
- Serve directly as a spread on bread or crackers with some pickle garnish or capsicums, or store it in an airtight jar for later use.
More bite sized Appetizer ideas! 🍣
More Beef Recipe 🥩
Dear Reader, How are you planning to serve this easy Beef Liver Pâté?
Let us know in a comment further below!
Beef Liver Pâté Recipe was first published at masalaherb.com on the 30th January 2012.