Surprise your loved ones with this easy to make Vanilla Sauce with real Vanilla beans!
Homemade Vanilla Sauce
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 50 grams Cornflour
- 170 grams Sugar
- 5 Egg yolks
- Add about 750 milliliter of the 1 liter milk into a pan, together with a slit open Vanilla bean. Scrape out the Vanilla seeds with a spoon or knife and add it to the milk and vanilla bean in the pot. Heat the milk slowly up.
- In a bowl mix the remaining 250 milliliter cold milk smooth with the Cornflour, Sugar and Egg yolks.
- Remove your emptied vanilla bean from the milk and discard.
- Keep on whisking your heated up milk and pour in the Egg yolk milk mixture.
- Don’t stop whisking or it will all burn on and the egg will be visible in little pieces. Just keep on whisking on low heat until the Cream starts to thicken, then keep it away from the heat.
- Serve it hot with cake, buchteln or other desserts.