Homemade Protein Bars are easily prepared from scratch and are so good and nutritious for your body.
My homemade protein bars recipe has a smooth non-chunky consistency, is made without protein powder, includes organic ingredients and comes gluten free.
Wonder how I made the bars?
Protein Bars you can make at home
Well, I got a way to keep myself motivated and going by dangling a figurative carrot in front my face.
That would be these nutritious homemade protein bars which I am happily munching on after a workout.
The Protein Bars should stabilize my motivation and interest to keep up the good work. Does my mind game sound familiar to you?
Yet, homemade protein bars are a healthy snack designed to feed your cells and muscles. I love them but they are sometimes very pricey and the bottom line is that most of those commercial bars taste horrible.
It took me some time to come up with the formula and I wouldn’t have made it without my dear friend Shannon from Just as Delish.
What’s in homemade Protein bars?
These pretty little Protein Bars include Protein rich natural organic ingredients such as oats, flax seeds, different nuts, dried fruits and milk powder.
These homemade protein bars are complete without protein powder!
Hence, by keeping out the Protein powder in this recipe, you know at least what is in your protein bars and the milk powder is any way rich in Protein and it replaces the Protein powder like no another here.
If you want to make these homemade protein bars vegan then just use almond milk powder!
Further, the nuts provide a good amount of Essential Omega Lipids, which our body requires together with the proteins to build up lean muscles.
Although, the protein bars are better digested in smaller sizes, and that is why I am making mine smaller.
The weight of my homemade protein bars is 70 grams, which is a nice portion for a girl.
Maybe boys would need a bigger intake to feed their muscles. However, you can cut them up as you like and then store them in an airtight container, away from humidity.
Homemade Protein Bars Recipe [without protein powder, Gluten-free, Organic] below:
Homemade Protein Bars Recipe
- 250 grams rolled Oats or 8.8 oz or 2 4/5 cups
- 40 grams Flax Seeds or 1.4 oz
- 50 grams Walnuts or 1.8 oz
- 70 grams roasted Peanuts or 2.5 oz
- 50 grams fresh shredded Coconut or 1.8 oz
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 70 grams Almond Flour or 2.5 oz
- 1 Tablespoon Milk powder or Vegan Milk Powder
- 50 grams Raisins or 1.8 oz
- 60 grams Dates or 2.1 oz
- 5 Tablespoons organic Honey
- 200 milliliter hot Water or 6.8 fl oz
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil for greasing the mold
- First we will grind the dry ingredients fine. Grind your Oats, Flax Seeds, Walnuts and Peanuts and place the ground ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Grind the scraped Coconut with the Coconut Oil and add it to the dried ingredients. Also add the Almond flour and Milk powder to the mixture.
- Remove the seed core from the Dates and grind those as well (I had to put my machine on and off or it wouldn't have worked, the mass is very heavy and sticky and some mixers don't take it).
- Add the Raisin and Dates mixture to the other mixed ingredients and crumble the dried fruits with your hands into the other dry ingredients so that they get properly incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 160 Celcius.
- Now grab your mold, preferably a squared one (I don't own a squared one as you can see) to make your life easier, and grease it with the Coconut Oil. Pour/place your mass equally into the mold.
- Bake it at 160 Celcius for about 20 minutes. It should be still soft and not too dry when ready. Keep it to cool and then cut your bars into your desired size. Store in the fridge!
More Healthy Recipes 🌱
More healthy bar recipes