Beef Stir Fry is a hot Asian dish which you can serve with rice and other Asian side dishes.
Tender, Juicy perfectly stir fried spiced Beef undercut and some tickling green chili to enhance the onion and tomato flavor.
That's how Beef Chilli fry takes over our hearts!
Beef Stir Fry is often-while enhanced with diced Potatoes, I prefer it without potatoes and as a side dish to serve with other dishes such as vegetables.
This is another typical Goan recipe, which my mother in law was so kind to share with us.
The flavorful, but not super hot and spicy, Beef Stir Fry includes tomato, onion, fresh green chili, and garlic.
The marination for the Goan Beef Stir Fry includes ginger garlic paste, salt, and vinegar.
You could use chopped ginger and garlic, however, I suggest to use the paste simply because the flavors get better infused and at the same time ginger has tenderizing properties, so it makes the beef soft.
I am using more expensive beef cuts, so to make my cooking easier.
I like to use beef undercut but you can use the uppercut too.
Other beef cuts could eventually get tough when stir frying.
Also, the beef is cut into cubes in this recipe!
The dish, the Goan Beef Stir Fry, could be actually confused with the Goan beef chili roast, which is sliced beef and is commonly served for special feasts such as for Christmas and Easter.
The spices add here are turmeric (Curcuma/haldi), chili powder and pepper.
These are minimal ingredients to spice up your Beef Stir Fry.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Cut your Beef undercut into 1 cm sized dice. Keep in a bowl with Ginger Garlic Paste, Salt and Coconut Vinegar or White Vinegar or Lemon Juice. Mix it well and allow to marinate for minimum 20 minutes. The longer you keep it marinated the more flavor it will have at the end.
- Peel and discard the peel of your onion, quarter and slice thin. Peel, smash and chop your garlic. Cut your chilli small and keep the seeds (Remove the seeds if you want less heat) Half your tomato and slice thin. Keep all separate aside.
- Add your marinated beef to a cooking pan, heat up and cook on slow heat without oil so that all the liquid comes out (the beef is full of liquids!). That might take about 15 minutes and when most of the liquid is dissolved, stir fry so that the beef get's perfectly cooked. This should help the beef to remain tender as well.
- On another hot plate prepare a frying pan with the oil and fry your onions first translucent. Afterward add the garlic, chili and tomato pieces and stir fry for 1-2 minutes before you throw in the Chilli, Turmeric powder and the Pepper.
- Mix and stir fry on a slow to medium flame until all ingredients are soft but not overcooked.
- At this point you can add your precooked Beef cubes and stir fry the whole content for another 1-2 minutes or until you feel it has cooked enough. The dish should not end up to dry, nor should it soak in lots of oil.
- Serve hot or still warm.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.