Make these Chocolate Pepper Cookies for Christmas this year, if you are looking for a different kind of recipe.
The cookies include fine pink pepper flavors and chocolate notes.
This easy and quick to make a gluten-free cookie is a real treat!
Learn how to make chocolate pepper cookies further below.
I came across the idea of making these chocolate pepper cookies at a cookie swap with a friend a few years ago.
Chocolate and pink peppercorn is a match made in heaven!
Pink peppercorn is actually not a true peppercorn, they are berries from the Brazilian pepper tree also known as Christmas berry tree.
The pink peppercorn has a light fragile husk, which peels off easily.
The dried fruit is one of the most expensive pepper varieties and can be at times difficult to be found.
For example, we had a hard time finding pink peppercorns in store in Austria, we ended up buying the peppercorns in France.
I don't think that one can buy pink peppercorns in India, however, they are commonly available in the US, so you might be able to buy it over amazon.com if you live in India.
This pink berry spice has very subtle floral flavors, which you can incorporate well with other ingredients and in savory as well as sweet dishes.
You will find that this chocolate peppercorn cookie recipe is easy to recreate.
The cookie dough can be prepared in around 15 minutes and the baking time is only 12 minutes.
The dough itself doesn't include any pepper.
The pink pepper is used as decoration and it is stuck onto the molten chocolate.
Basically the red pepper gives you a fabulous flavor experience when you take your first bite.
The chocolate mixes well with the pink pepper and the almonds make it a bit healthier.
It helps me to enjoy the festive time with a bit less guilt. 🙂
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Chocolate Pepper Cookies Recipe
for the dough:
- 7 ounces dark Chocolate minimum 60%
- Pink Peppercorn a few
- In a mixing bowl add the almond flour, baking powder sugar and chocolate powder. Mix it quickly through and continue to add in the egg, salt and butter. Mix the whole content to a smooth dough.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius and keep a backing tray ready with the baking parchment paper laid out.
- With your hand form small teaspoon sized balls, place on the baking tray and press them a little onto the parchment as shown. Do this for the remaining dough until everything is used up.
- Let the cookies cool. Prepare a bain marie (aka double boiler) by keeping a pot with water on the hot stove and placing a smaller pot, filled with chocolate, into the hot water so that the chocolate melts but doesn't burn on. Once the chocolate is melted spread the chocolate over the cookies evenly and press a few pink pepper corns into the chocolate as long as it's still liquid and hot. The peppercorns shouldn't be able to fall off easily.
- Place some parchment paper into a cookie box and keep the cookies in it. Store in a cool and dry place.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.