Couple of weeks ago I came up with some fun food.
I had stumbled upon this dish by chance and it is fun to make.
You see, I have been going through a whole lots of time limits recently, somehow I am always out of time.
Does that sound familiar to you?
Among all the life changing devices and technology we all ended up having less time at hand.
So, the other day I had defrosted some chicken breasts and of course some Ham slices, the plan was to make my mum's rolled up Cordon Bleu version.
Somehow we were craving comfort food and the Cordon Bleu is a frequent first choice in this situation.
However, that day I was surprised by a call from a young Journalist from India Today, a popular weekly Magazine here.
The day had to be reorganize and I had to whip up something quickly.
There was little to no time to figure out what to make.
I pulled out flour, egg and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the chicken roll ups with ham an cheese, and drizzled some olive oil and Marjoram.
I should have known this would be the second surprise of the day!
The comforting flavor facet isn't the only plus point of the chicken roll ups with ham and cheese, they are also easily and quickly made!
You can either serve them as a Main with various salads, vegetables and other sides.
You can also make them for fun when you are craving for a great meaty snack while playing Assassins Creed on the PlayStation 3.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Chicken Roll Ups with Ham and Cheese Recipe
- 8 Toothpick
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Half your 4 Ham slices into 2 so that you have 8 pieces. Add one ham half on each chicken piece. Fold your cheese slice into a square small parcel and add it on top of the ham.
- Now take one side of the stacked meat and cheese ingredients and slowly roll in as shown in the picture.
- Fix the Chicken Roll with a tooth pick, and do the same with the remaining chicken, ham and cheese stacks. Add a dash of olive oil on the rolls and sprinkle with oregano
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, at around 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celsius.
- Enjoy as an appetizer.