Couple of weeks ago I came up with some fun food. Fun because it’s easy to make and because I had stumbled upon it nearly by accident. You see, I have been going through a whole lots of time limits recently, somehow I am always out of time. Does that sound familiar to you? Yes, amongst all the life helping devices and technologie gadgets we all ended up having less time at hand.
So, the other day I had prepared some chicken breasts to defrost slowly and of course some Ham slices, because I was planning to make my mum’s rolled up Cordon Bleu version. Somehow we were craving pure bliss comfort food and the Cordon Bleu is a frequent first choice in this situation. However, that day I was surprised by a call from a young Journalist from India Today, a popular weekly Magazine here. I had to reorganize my plans, of course all this in a certain excitement for the interview, and I just decided in less then a minute to keep out the flour, egg and bread crumbs coating and just sprinkle my chicken roll ups with ham an cheese, olive oil and Marjoram.
-> Get the free Masala Herb Newsletter
This was the second surprise of the day! I should have known that this would work out and I was staggered that I hadn’t come up with this much earlier. The comforting flavor facet isn’t the only plus point of the chicken roll ups with ham and cheese, they are also easily and quickly made! You can either serve them as a Main with various salads, vegetables and other sides or just make them for fun when you are craving for a great meaty snack while playing Assassins Creed on the PlayStation 3.
- 2 big Chicken breasts
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 8 Cheese slices
- 4 big Ham slices
- Dash Olive Oil
- pinch dried Marjoram or Oregano
- 8 Toothpick
- Defrost your Chicken breasts, rinse and pet dry. Cut each Chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 separate long and flat pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius.
- Spread all 8 pieces on a board and sprinkle on both sides with Salt and Pepper.
- Half your 4 Ham slices into 2 so that you have 8 pieces. Add one ham half on each chicken piece. Fold your Cheese Slice into a square small parcel and add it on top of the ham.
- Now take one side of the stacked meat and cheese ingredients and slowly Roll in as shown in the picture.
- Fix the Chicken Roll with a tooth pick, and do the same with the remaining chicken, ham and cheese stacks. Add a dash of olive oil on the rolls and sprinkle with Marjoram or Oregano
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the rolls get some color, at around 180 Celsius.
- Enjoy as a snack or serve it as a main with sides and salads or veggies.
Last Independence Week I got to read my feature in the India Today woman’s Edition. I was completely ignorant at first that it had been published. That explains why I mention it only now. India Today publishes a new magazine edition every week and you can even purchase the e-magazine version via Zinio.com. I had to smile when I read the article. ^_^ By the way there is a typo at the end of the article at “Sorpopel”, it’s suppose to be Sorpotel.
Just to remind you, the Masala Herb Survey is going on. That’s your chance, my readers, to let me know if you would like some changes to happen at Masala Herb. Also, the survey will help me to make sure that I give you the best time on this space, so don’t hesitate and fill out the quick form, it won’t take you more then 3 minutes and in return you get to help me in building Masala Herb into a better online space.