Let’s have Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake for dinner tonight!
Pick your favorite pasta and cheese and enjoy this quick and easy comfort meal.
This pasta bake with chicken is your thing if you love a flavorful comfort pasta bake.
The Chicken is enhanced with a spicy orange-red buffalo sauce and tossed into a creamy cheese sauce with the pasta.
You can’t go wrong with my buffalo pasta if you love noodles, a good creamy cheese sauce, and buffalo chicken.
The easy buffalo chicken casserole is an extension of my pizza pasta bake (which I plan on posting here very soon!).
I based the recipes on my mum’s French style mac and cheese bake.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake?
To prepare this easy buffalo chicken casserole recipe with pasta you will need to first boil the pasta al dente or soft.
The second step involves cooking the chicken soft in a pan with butter.
We use butter because the pasta bake recipe will include hot sauce and that way with the butter, we create a creamy buffalo chicken dinner.
Then you will need to create the sauce.
For that, I simply add the sauce ingredients to the pot with the pasta and chicken.
Everything is mixed and finished with a layer of cheese on top.
Place your buffalo chicken pasta casserole into the oven and bake the cheesy chicken penne to perfection.
Your buffalo pasta bake should be crispy on top and creamy cheesy on the inside.
More like this pasta buffalo chicken recipe:
Dear Reader, have you tried this buffalo chicken pasta bake?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
How to Video
- 7 ounces Pasta of your choice
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- 7 ounces Chicken boneless cut into strips
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Cream
- 5 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 2.5 ounces Grated Cheese *see Note
- Keep a pot with salt water to boil and add your uncooked pasta to it. Cook your pasta al dente or soft and strain from the water.
- Heat up a skillet with the butter and place your chicken strips into the hot pan. Spread out the chicken pieces so that it cooks evenly.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Turn them to cook them on all sides. Make sure to not overcook the chicken and keep a medium to low heat. The chicken will cook some more in the oven later on.
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit/180 Celsius.
- In a baking dish, add the chicken strips to the cooked pasta together with the cream and cream cheese and hot sauce.
- Mix all well and taste the sauce to see if you want to add some more hot sauce.
- Continue to add in the garlic powder, oregano and one part of the grated cheese. Mix it all well.
- Spread the second batch of grated cheese over the pasta.
- Place your buffalo pasta bake into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit/180 Celsius.
- Serve still hot with a green salad and light dressing.
- You get to pick the cheese. I used mild cheddar. Make two batches, one to mix into the sauce and the second to sprinkle over the pasta before baking it. This will form a lovely cheese crust.
- You may add more hot sauce, be aware, however, that your pasta will turn more spicy hot.