Green creamy avocado dressing is delightfully good in so many ways.
The simple dressing is vegan dairy-free, perfect for a plant-based diet, and healthy because it's low carb and gluten-free.
How to prepare the dressing?
You will only need a handful of ingredients to make this avocado dressing.
Get fresh ripe avocados and you are almost good to go. Here is how this salad comes together in a nutshell.
Get the complete recipe with ingredient details and instructions at the end of this post.
Place all the ingredients into a food processor.
Blend dressing to a smooth consistency.
Add small quantities of water if you want it to be thinner.
You can upgrade your avocado dressing by adding one of the following ingredients to it before you blend it smooth with the food processor.
- to add heat - jalapenos or other chili pepper
- other citrus fruits - lime or grapefruit instead of lemon juice
- ground spices to make it spicy - cumin, coriander seeds, turmeric
- fresh or dried herbs - cilantro, mint, basil
- tahini for a middle eastern touch
- ranch seasoning
- miso paste for a Japanese touch
- dijon mustard paste for a french touch
Add the additional ingredients sparingly and adjust the quantity by tasting.
Using and Serving
Yes, this is an avocado salad dressing but there are so many ways to use this dressing besides on salads. That way it's like a tangy avocado sauce!
I love a dollop of the sauce with my steak or baked salmon.
Fish tacos and wraps taste extra delicious with a drizzle of this creamy avocado dressing.
You can use it too as a dip with nachos or chips at a party.
Or if you are like me, trying to eat healthier, than serving your avocado dressing with roasted vegetables or over your buddha bowl is the way to go.
Besides the dressing is completely vegan, so you can serve it as a pasta salad dressing too.
Take your avocado to hand and gently press against the skin. If it appears soft but not mushy, your avocado is ready. Don't go after skin color, because different varieties can look dark and ripe on the outside when they are not.
To ripen fast: Keep your avocado next to bananas because the skin helps to ripen your avocados. A warm environment helps too
To delay ripening: Keep fruits in the fridge.
Avocado fruit flesh turns brown when it comes in contact with oxygen. There is nothing wrong with the brown part and you can consume it. To avoid it turning brown, sprinkle lemon juice or vinegar over the cut open fruit. Also, place cling film over it to store in the fridge when cut open. Keeping the seed in a bit longer can help too.
Keep in an airtight container and in the fridge.
The quantity should fill the container so that there is no air touching the avocado (or else it will turn brown in time).
You can place a cling film over the dressing, which will keep it fresh and green.
Use up within days. Keep not longer than 3-4 days.
More Salad dressings
Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe
- Cut avocado in half and spoon out the fruit flesh.
- Place avocado pieces into a food processor and sprinkle lemon juice and vinegar over the avocado so that it won't turn brown.
- Add salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Optional: Add a tablespoon or two water to make it more liquid if you want the dressing a bit runny.
- Use up asap or store in an airtight container.